iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Men At Work

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Men At Work
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is one that's so bad it's good. While Emilio Estevez's directorial inexperience (this was the first time he stepped behind the camera) is clear throughout and the script rambles, that somehow gives it a strange charm (perhaps it also helps that I have a soft spot for films that involve toting a dead guy around for half the picture). I especially like the bits where Estevez and Charlie Sheen find themselves hanging from the back of the toxic waste truck in the path of oncoming traffic, and Louis the ex-militant's fitting if somewhat homophobic revenge against the harrassing cops ("You will swing for this, James, I (kid) you NOT!!!")

Who else has seen it?

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tobey
Master Rewinder
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Tobey   Email Tobey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw it, loved it! Thanks for reminding me of this one, got to check it out again.
Can't really remember, but isn't the soundtrack to this movie quite good..?

" - What exactly is a Phrenologist?
- Oh, I feel and interpret the size of Walt's a**... I mean people's skull features."

[Big Grin]

quote:
(perhaps it also helps that I have a soft spot for films that involve toting a dead guy around for half the picture)
Oh yeah. What was that other one..?
Posts: 173 | From: Norway | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was a great movie. It's definitely one of my favorite movies of the 90s.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I havent seen it in YEARS, but I remember I had a boyfriend around the time it was on cable and he used to always say "Golf clap" and do the little clapping thing. That was from MEN AT WORK (or am I thinking of another movie?)
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willow
Master Rewinder
Member # 4953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Willow   Email Willow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow you brought this one back to me. I saw this in the theater when it first came out. I think I was the only person in the whole place. *chuckles*
But I enjoyed it.

Posts: 105 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noblprz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 999

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for noblprz   Email noblprz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great flick, but not Emilio's directorial debut.

He did one in '86 with then-paramour Demi Moore
called "wisdom"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092225/

Posts: 98 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Just watched Men at Work, the last time i saw it was back in ´91 i think.
It´s still a fun movie with a great cast.
Especially Emilio, Charlie and Keith David are hilarious.

The famous golf clap, Dean "I´m just a pizzaman" Cameron and nice, sunny California locations.

Here´s a cool Men at Work teaser trailer

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen it for a wile, but always enjoy "Men At Work" with Charlie Sheen and Emilio Estevez.

The sanitation company where Carl and James work is called Shoreline Waste - their motto is "Your friendly efficient garbage experts" [Big Grin]

fun film!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my brother and i always do the golf clap from this movie, especially fun to do to annoying people
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was so looking forward to this one as they were two of my favs back on those days, and the previews looked great with the PUMP UP THE JAM tune playing but I justed didnt like - i was REALLY disapointed!!

Wisdom? I love it.......

Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home