iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » prozac nation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: prozac nation
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone read this book? I’ve been waiting for the film, starring Christina Ricci and Jason Biggs, for what seems like years, last I heard it wrapped in early 2001.

The only problem now is the fact that I’ve seen and heard what the Gen-X author Elizabeth Wurtzel is like (or at least the image of herself she chooses to project) and it’s a bit of a letdown to be honest. ‘Prozac Nation’ was an exciting and lucid bit of modern literature, I haven’t read her other work, but she comes across like a wannabe Sylvia Plath meets Sarah Jessica Parker from ‘Sex In The City’ meets captain Hook, in fact I’d even go so far as to say Chuck based Marla from ‘Fight Club’ (Helena Bonham Carter) on her. Everything she said was a contradiction, every sentence was a selfish, uninformed diatribe that screamed ‘me, me, me’…or maybe the interviewer just didn’t like her [Wink] either way I’ll still look out for the movie…if it ever gets released.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't read the book, but I do know the movie has been universally panned before it even got released, so they may cut it again still and try to get some money back.

I read "Premiere" magazine...you might find some info on their website about the film's future. They have a great film forum on the site too, where those who want to dish current film can escape the wrath of The '80s Avenger.

~Buggin' Out

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home