iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » HD

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HD
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure about where to place this topic, but it does pertain to movies from all decades... With many titles being re-released on HD... I was wondering in any of you have made the switch?
My big screen is HD and I just got an HD DVD recorder/player. I didn't buy the recorder to specifically watch HD movies now, actually I didn't even think about it at the time, I just wanted a recorder to transfer some of my old home movies I shot on 8mm to DVD. But since I am all set up now I was thinking about maybe getting a HD movie and trying it out just to see how much difference there actually is. What do you guys think about HD?

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a HD TV and XBOX 360. When the HD-DVD attachment comes out for the Xbox I will be getting it. Whilst I have no plans to replace any of my existing DVD's with HD-DVD's I will look to buy new films in this format.

Shame the blu-ray vs HD DVD will spoil things by only releasing in one format or the other...

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex In Wonderland
Master Rewinder
Member # 4912

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Alex In Wonderland   Email Alex In Wonderland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HD is supposed to be around 5 times better picture quality than the current standard. Over here Sky and the BBC are running HD channels as a test - some of the football (soccer) was broadcast in HD. I noticed that there was some slight ghosting (might have been the set I was watching it on) but, to be honest, the amount of money the current equipment costs vs the improvement on picture quality is disproportionate.

Not something I will be investing in in the near future.

Posts: 171 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought an HD TV last April and it has taken some getting used to. It is awesome to watch movies on. I think it is a technology that will definitely catch on once it becomes more affordable to people.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stu1984
Master Rewinder
Member # 3248

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stu1984   Email stu1984   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Technology moves too fast these days. Nothing lasts. I'm not going to blow between one and two thousand pound on a HD TV, when next month the same one is half the price, because the next best thing is being released.

I can't comment on the quality, because I haven't experienced HD, but for me personally it is the quality of the movie or program that is important than the quality of the picture. If people can honestly say that the current picture quality that we recieve isn't good enough, then there is something wrong.

Posts: 226 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not going to start replacing my collection with HD DVDs, but maybe my fovorite few films... I haven't noticed, but does rental stores now carry HD movies? Just curious.
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home