iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Best 90s Comedy (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Best 90s Comedy
TheBerserker
Rewind Curious
Member # 5051

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for TheBerserker   Email TheBerserker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Cousin Vinny.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Oct 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Groundhog Day
Election
Austin Powers
Wayne's World
Clerks
Dogma
Home Alone
Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead

I used to love the comedies that Jim Carrey did in the 90s, but they don't really hold up with me today. (which is not to say that I don't like Jim Carrey anymore; Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is one of my favorite movies ever)

Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clueless (I think this one definitely marked the 90's especially between teens)

Others were:

There's SOmething About Mary
The Mask
Ace Ventura
Austin Powers

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5315

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for sonz   Email sonz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have to say liar liar (the jim carrey version) its one of the best ive seen!! i would have named a rob schneider film too but i dont think he was in many good ones till the year 2000 +
Posts: 62 | From: england | Registered: Dec 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hordak
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1772

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Hordak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
90's: The Big Lebowski (Priceless interaction between Bridges, Goodman and Buscemi. Repays any number of repeat viewings)

00's: American Psycho (Bale's performance the funniest thing I've seen in many, many years; and yes it IS a bona-fide comedy (!). Am I sick?!?)

Posts: 97 | From: Midlands, UK | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sheena
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5620

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for sheena   Email sheena   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me there was many- but night at the roxbury and waynes world I loved.
"Party on wayne,Party on garth" hahaha

Posts: 56 | From: London,UK | Registered: Feb 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mollyfan22
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5665

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Mollyfan22   Email Mollyfan22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well some of my favorite comedies since the 80's are:
Orange County
The Wedding Singer
Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion
Old School
Son In Law
Dazed And Confused
Clueless
Clerks
Chasing Amy
There's Something About Mary
Tommy Boy
Happy Gilmore
and there are soooo many more that I can't think of right now...

Posts: 15 | From: Portland, Me | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mollyfan22
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5665

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Mollyfan22   Email Mollyfan22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh my gosh Waynes World! of course!
Posts: 15 | From: Portland, Me | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mollyfan22
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5665

Rate Member
what year was Parenthood? have you guys seen that movie? It's pretty funny!
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was released in 1989.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willow
Master Rewinder
Member # 4953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Willow   Email Willow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not saying this is a great film but I always get a kick out of it when I watch it.
"The Adventures Of Ford Fairlane" with Andrew Dice Clay and Wayne Newton. [Smile]

Posts: 105 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vicky-Louise
Rewind Curious
Member # 5821

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Vicky-Louise   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something about mary
The Wedding Singer
Rush Hour
The Cable Guy
Waterboy
The Nutty Professor

Posts: 2 | From: Lancashire, UK | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OFFICE SPACE
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls (haven't seen the first one...)
*George Of The Jungle (I've seen that one over a dozen times, & I'm desperately needing the DVD--it's Disney-tastic! [Big Grin] )
*Liar, Liar
*Superstar (got me interested in SNL)
*Dr. Doolittle (almost as good as the original...almost [Wink] )
*Home Alone (& all 3 sequels weren't too bad, either)
*Parenthood (Viva Steve Martin y Mary Steenburgen!)

And those happen to be just my top 7 faves... ^_^

[ 04. June 2007, 21:37: Message edited by: The Mouse Avenger ]

Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were loads of 'good' comedies (as in a movie that worked well, good performances, slightly unusual in plot and direction, and made me laugh) - notably stuff like Liar Liar, The House-sitter, Clueless, Romy and Michelle..... amongst others.

However - if you are looking for the BEST one, it's obvious:

Groundhog Day

Great acting, especially from Bill Murray but also from the many smaller roles, such as Needle-nose Ned Rierson. An almost unique plot, with funny lines that also become very sincere.

And what other movie has become part of the language, in a way that Groundhog Day has? I'm forever seeing people refer to repeated events as 'like Groundhog Day'...

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mel Gibson
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5831

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mel Gibson         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cool movie...
Posts: 17 | Registered: Jun 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Pooh
Master Rewinder
Member # 5798

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Princess Pooh   Email Princess Pooh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Little Nicky with Adam Sandler.

Love the part where the Devil does something with a pineapple to Hitler everyday at 4pm :-)

Posts: 156 | From: London | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mire Mare   Email Mire Mare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow there are some classics here however THE MOUSE AVENGER has the most bizarre choice in movies I have ever seen but hey each to there own!

You then may well ask what I consider the best comedy/comedy's of the 90's well here's a sample!

THE BIG LEBOWSKI
THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT MARRY
CLERKS
DUMB & DUMBER
THE WEDDING SINGER
AIRHEADS
MALL RATS
SO I MARRIED AN AXE MURDERER
CABLE GUY
WAYNE'S WORLD
MM

Posts: 165 | From: Coventry, United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home