iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Leatherface-Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Leatherface-Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This "classic" movie (did I just call it a classic?) was on IFC last night. It wasn't scary at all, just really gory. BUT!! It was so predictable. You knew what would happen before it happened. And there were parts that were funny..."Technology is our friend. Look, Mama, blue drawers (or maybe he said underwear, I can't remember) and The Saw is Family." It was definitely midnight entertainment.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was this the one with Renee Zellwegger and Matthew McConnaughey in it?? All of those Chainsaw movies are freaky, I think it is the people and the makeup. They all look so believable like they are really inbred. I can't wait to see what they do with the prequel to Chainsaw Massacre with Jordanna Brewster due out sometime this year.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. That was "Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The New Generation." I think that was the last sequel they made. It was truly awful. I want to see the prequel too.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know what? Very little "scares me"...........and the original TCM did it. They were just heartless, aimeless///*****!

I remember, before they were stars, a friend renting the Rene Zellweggar/ Matthew McCounaghy one and me being so UNINTERESTED.

[ 27. July 2006, 22:18: Message edited by: mamamiasweetpeaches ]

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually want to see the prequel in the movie theater. I saw the last sequel at home on DVD and I think that I would get the effect of being scared to death if I watched it in a theater.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
Y'know what? Very little "scares me"...........and the original TCM did it. They were just heartless, aimeless///*****!

I remember, before they were stars, a friend renting the Rene Zellweggar/ Matthew McCounaghy one and me being so UNINTERESTED.

LOL...the original petrified me!!! I watched it at midnight one night (only time it was on) and I had trouble falling asleep. Just call me a big chicken! [Smile]
pettyfan
Member # 2260

quote:
Originally posted by Jessie the Sunflower Goddess:
I actually want to see the prequel in the movie theater. I saw the last sequel at home on DVD and I think that I would get the effect of being scared to death if I watched it in a theater.

I want to see the prequel, too. I'll watch just about any horror movie, good or bad.
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
I think that the last horror type film that I watched at the movies was Scream 3. I haven't watched any of the recent influx of horror flicks like the Saw movies or Slither. I am actually in the mood to see a horror flick in the movie theater, feel the suspense and hopefully jump in my seat. I think I am going to wait until the Chainsaw prequel because I know it will be very creepy!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home