iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Doc Hollywood

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Doc Hollywood
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought this was a cute movie even though it's predictable. I always thought Michael J. Fox was born to play roles like this one. He starts off just thinking about making big money and ends up realizing that other things besides money can make you happy as well.
Anybody else a DH fan?

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did not like the movie (much) but what I LOVED was the song they played at the beginning. I think it was called "The One and Only." I think it was by Nik Kershaw?? I'd love to find it.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol, my boyfriend LOVES that song too!
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought "Doc Hollywood" was a hilarious movie. Woody Harrelson as Hank was great. His tribute to Ted Danson at the end was classic humor when Nancy Lee asks "Is that a star?" and Hank replies "No, it's Ted Danson".

You want to trade, the pig for the part?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnyaKay27
Rewinder
Member # 4675

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for AnyaKay27   Email AnyaKay27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you can part with the pig...lol...I own this movie, and it's coming on TV soon...although I forget when and what channel [Confused] [Smile]
Posts: 33 | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stu1984
Master Rewinder
Member # 3248

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stu1984   Email stu1984   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Slightly off topic but, I am currently reading his book, and it's brilliant so far (3 and a bit chapters in).
Posts: 226 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still call Grady from the big city I live in to get the current weather conditions.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember going and seeing this in the theaters right after I got my license. I like it and recently bought it for nearly nothing at Best Buy. It's one of those small-town make ya feel good movies....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loved this movie too. MJF did so many good films at that time. 'For Love or Money' is my absolute favorite but 'DH' is a close second.
Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
DH is a great date movie. My boyfriend and I pop in the DVD every now and then and watch it while eating a big bowl of popcorn. It's funny and cute and for an 90s film has such an 80s feel and style.
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very cute movie. It is one of those that the scenery is so pretty that you almost feel like you can feel the temperature that they are experiencing on screen.

This was the movie that he first discovered that he was getting Parkinson's Disease.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for annier   Author's Homepage   Email annier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The song "The one and only" is sung by Chesney Hawkes.

Annier

Posts: 312 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those of you in the rest of the world the song was a HUGE hit here in the UK and made Chesney Hawkes one of the biggest one hit wonders??
I remember big this were expected of him, he had a famous dad i seem to remember and i guess can look a bit like nik kershaw who wrote The One and Only for him

http://www.chesneyhawkes.co.uk/

http://www.thebubbleburst.co.uk/bb.php?entry=Nik+Kershaw

Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting the singer's name! I found the song once on a compilation CD from Amazon, but by the time I got ready to buy it it was sold out!!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs Larusso
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4417

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mrs Larusso   Email Mrs Larusso   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saint-In-London

You actually posted a link to the official Chesney Hawkes Website!! OMG!! LOL!! That is a classic!! I mean i cant believe the guy actually has a website!!

Anyway - back to topic...

Yes Ali-with-an-I, I agreee with you about the 'predictability' of this film....but its still one of my faves - just made for MJF - like you said..

Posts: 82 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home