iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Sequels That You Wish Were Never Made (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Sequels That You Wish Were Never Made
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hated Superman 3 and 4. Turning the franchise into a comedy was the dumbest decision ever! I'm so glad that Brian Singer seems to be getting it back on track and I can't wait to see the new Richard Donner cut of Superman II. I'm a huge Superman fan!

I didn't care for the Matrix sequels. I thought the 1st one was brilliant, original and the coolest thing since grape slurpies, but they should have left it alone.

I thought the 2 Indiana Jones sequels were ok, but they didn't seem to live up to the original. The screaming chick in the second one just got on my nerves too much. The 1st one had such a strong female character in it and then the next one was like he was babysitting Lucille Ball. It just turned me off. The story was ok for me except for her. I also thought that they kept wearing out the schtick of there being a lot of creepy-crawly things in each episode. The snakes in the 1st one was cool, but then the second one had to be the same thing but with bugs and the third had to be the same but with rats...I guess the next one will be the same but with bats?!? Come on people... get on with it and just give us a good story! Raiders Of The Lost Ark happens to be my favorite movie of all time.

Star Wars was fine with the originally trilliogy. George Lucas is an idiot!

Jaws 4 totally sucked.

Rocky 4 & 5 sucked big ones and guess what Stallone, Rocky 6,7 & 8 are gonna suck even bigger... so why waste our time. You would be better off making Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot 2!

Rambo III was a dud.

I agree about the Blues Brothers 2000. It was the same script. They did all the same things with the same people. The 1st one was super-duper cool.

The Oulaw Josey Whales 2. If you haven't seen this straight to video stinker, don't bother. It doesn't even have Clint Eastwood in it and the budget for the entire flick came out of a cracker Jack box. A better title for it would have been "crappedy crap crap."

Cyborg 2. Van Damme wasn't in it. So why bother?

Karate Kid 4. Why wasn't Ralph back in this one? He could have pulled it off. He still doesn't look a day over 13 going on 45. They could have gotten Gary Coleman to do the 4th installment.
Anyone but Hillary Skank.

Star Trek 5: The Search For An Audience

There are tons more! I usually try to steer clear of sequels.

[ 25. April 2006, 12:23: Message edited by: Bionic Bigfoot ]

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brandon777
Master Rewinder
Member # 4014

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brandon777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bionic Bigfoot:

Raiders Of The Lost Ark happens to be my favorite movie of all time.

The Oulaw Josey Whales 2. If you haven't seen this straight to video stinker, don't bother. It doesn't even have Clint Eastwood in it and the budget for the entire flick came out of a cracker Jack box. A better title for it would have been "crappedy crap crap."

Raiders of the Lost Ark is the coolest movie ever made.

I never heard of The Outlaw Josey Whales 2. I didn't know there was a sequel. I can imagine that movie being a steaming pile of dung LOL.

Posts: 239 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Teen Wolf Too: I saw this one first (I was little) and it still stunk. Same script, lame characters. Not that the first was a cinematic masterpiece, but yeesh, if you manage to make a sequel to Teen Wolf and folks say, "Gee, that was corny," it's bad.

Gremlins 2. It had some funny parts, but overall the effect didn't go over well with me.

Jurassic Park III. As I watched the "intimidating" feathered raptors and annoyingly unstoppable spinosaurous chase the characters, I kept thinking there was a movie in there somewhere.

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnyaKay27
Rewinder
Member # 4675

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for AnyaKay27   Email AnyaKay27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Hannibal....or Aladdin2-Return of Jafar....(MA...I love Disney movies as well, but the 2nd one just wasn't the same w/o Robin Williams)...and all the other ones metioned above. I know the 2 I mentined aren't 80's movies, nor were their originals, but they needed to be mentioned...LOL
Posts: 33 | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GhostBusters 2 was a total let down, even with all the original cast. my freinds and I all loved the 1st one, and was a great movie to see on the big screen. I'm not surprised bill murray won't make another one but i am surprised others do!!
Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Caddyshack II? It was just plain horrible, and un-watchable. I think I watched the first twenty minutes of it and had to shut it off. The old man who was trying to get into the club was just obnoxious, not obnoxious-funny like Rodney! If you watch closely, one of the preppy girls is played by the girl from Wilson-Philips, Chynna Philips.
Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about REAL Sequels You Wish Were Never Made like...

The Dead Zone 2: Zombie Attack
Johnny tries to fight his zombie urges while dealing with visions and the fact that after being dead for five years his ex-ex-fiance has married ANOTHER guy and had ANOTHER kid. Plus he's shot some more.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory Two: After the Glory
Charlie, now an adult, can't handle the stress of trying to run a magical chocolate factory and turns to drink. He meets a cat thief with a heart of gold and learns to love again. References to "Roadhouse."

Grease 3
Just because no.

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Splash 2
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have 4 words...

Son. Of. The. Mask

Enough said.

Possible sequels I'd like to see include -

Mr Holland and Oprah - After his retirement, news of his life reaches Oprah who invites him on her show. They fall in love, and he dedicates his life to writing her the perfect sonata.

How I got into college 2: The Real World - Marlon discovers Jessica is auditioning for The Real World Waco, and follows her through the dragged out audition process.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stitch:
How I got into college 2: The Real World -

To quote Red Dwarf: how about How I Got Into Art College.... failed all my exams and applied.

Of course, you'll need to leave after around 27 minutes. One look at the timetable should do it. They schedule classes first thing in the afternoon. 2:30pm every day! How can this be possible?

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The way I usually rationalize bad sequels is that they don't really happen; that it's all a bad dream one of the characters (if any of them make the sequel in question) is having while we look into their minds. Thus for example, with my example of BB2K, when Elwood wakes up, he'll find Jake alive and well, none of the new people he met exist, and once they break back out of jail they'll get back on the road again.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
karate kid 2 karate kid 3 and espectly the next karate kid with out a dout the most stupest of all four films the movie producers should have stuck with the orignal plan and just used the opening sceans in part 2 and cloused part one with and skiped on the other 3 films
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay I have got to say that Revenge of the Nerds IV: Nerds in Paradise or Love! Stunk to high heaven because it was a made for TV movie with bad acting. I am sorry but this was a disgrace to the original and even the second one which shouldn't have been made either.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mission Impossible 2. It was awful. I liked the first one and was really suprised at how good the new one is........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to agree with you Jessie. I didn't really like Revenge of the Nerds II. I thought it kinda sucked. The first is, was and will always be AMAZING!

I mean come on, lines like "Maybe we could have robster craws" are hard to top [Smile] !

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Ring Two

I watched this last night for the first time, add it to the list of disappointments.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SCREAM 3
URBAN LEDGEND 2, 3 AND ANY MORE THEY MAKE
AMERICAN PIE 3
There must be loads but i just cant think at the minute

Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex In Wonderland
Master Rewinder
Member # 4912

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Alex In Wonderland   Email Alex In Wonderland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Fortress 2? Or any of the Highlander sequels? (Highlander 2: The Sickening as it was dubbed). Caddyshack 2 was fairly rank by all accounts - Chevy Chase, the man whose career is still a mystery to me. Beverly Hills Cop 3 anyone?

Franchise films - hardly ever a good idea.

Posts: 171 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I definitely agree with some of the franchise sequels.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snaggy
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4911

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for snaggy   Email snaggy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
personally, I never liked Neverending Story 2 & 3, the first is a classic. and Free Willy 2 (& was there a 3 for that??)anyways THAT was uncalled for because IMO the 1st Free Willy sucked, lol
Posts: 11 | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hordak
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1772

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Hordak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guess I must be one of the only people alive who enjoyed Highlander II then....?

Worst sequel for me? Perhaps not the actual worst, but certainly the most disappointing:

Aliens vs Predator

You wait 15 years for something, and you get that... my friend and I almost walked out, and were in hysterics throughout. Many others there that evening felt the same. A failure on so many levels. And I don't wish they'd never made an AvP movie, just that it be even SLIGHTLY less crap than this..

Posts: 97 | From: Midlands, UK | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oreb
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5007

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Oreb   Email Oreb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
caddyshack II is better than the original, I never understood what was so funny about the first one
common, the second one has randy quaid crazy as hell, brilliant. the first one was just so lame for me.

bad sequles:

batman by joel schumacher
alien III and resurrection
rocky V
short circuit II
ghost busters II
dr doolitlle II
son of the mask
the whole nine yards, forgot the sequel
back to the future III could have been better

Posts: 55 | From: Croatia | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Oreb:
caddyshack II is better than the original, I never understood what was so funny about the first one
common, the second one has randy quaid crazy as hell, brilliant. the first one was just so lame for me.

bad sequles:

batman by joel schumacher
alien III and resurrection
rocky V
short circuit II
ghost busters II
dr doolitlle II
son of the mask
the whole nine yards, forgot the sequel
back to the future III could have been better

I actually liked Dr. Doolittle 2. [Smile]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PREDATOR 2, ROBOCOP 2 & 3, all the LETHAL WEAPON sequels, all the HALLOWEEN sequels, ESCAPE FROM L.A.
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willow
Master Rewinder
Member # 4953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Willow   Email Willow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alex_In_Wonderland:
Beverly Hills Cop 3 anyone?

Uggggh.... I agree. I loved BHC. Heck I even loved BHC2! But part 3 was mind numbingly bad! The only thing that made me laugh was the reapppearance of Serge. (Bronson Pinchot) And even that wasn't enough to save it.
Posts: 105 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home