iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » This I Promise You-NSYNC

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This I Promise You-NSYNC
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is one of my favorite songs of the 90's.

Does anyone else like it?? Here's a piece of it:

And I will take you in my arms
And hold you right where you belong
‘Til the day my life is through
This I promise you
This I promise you

I’ve loved you forever
In lifetimes before
And I promise you never
Will you hurt anymore
I give you my word
I give you my heart
(Give you my heart)
This is a battle we’ve won
And with this vow
Forever has now begun

Just close your eyes each lovin’ day
(Each lovin’, each lovin’ day)
And know this feeling won’t go away
(No)
‘Til the day my life is through
This I promise you
This I promise you

Over and over I fall
(Over and over I fall)
When I hear you call
Without you in my life, baby
I just wouldn’t be living at all

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blaaaaahhhhhh! Sorry Isis, their voices remind me of chalk on a blackboard. I just do not like any of their songs, nothing against boy bands cuz I liked NKOTB, but this was pure tween crap. [Big Grin] [Smile] [Wink] [Razz]
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like boy bands like NSync and Backdoor Boys, but I don't like their ballads (except for Backstreets "Show me the meaning of being lonely") I find them a bit soppy for my taste.

My favorite boy band was 5ive. I don't know if they were known in the USA at all, but they did some very cool songs, and made good use of some samples too. Eg, "Everybody get up" sampled "I love rock'n'roll" and "Rock the party" sampled "Grease is the word".

[ 08. April 2006, 00:07: Message edited by: Stitch ]

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy bands are all the same: Boring,generic songs which are seldom original and as a result they have to rely on their pretty boy looks so as a result all the girls forget their sheer lack of talent...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love 98 Degrees...I like Boy Bands, they were the only good thing going in the 90's, I liked The Backstreet Boys- those guys actually had some cool videos too, and I thought there might be hope still for music and videos, but they were gone before they ever really got going.

I love the song "Quit Playing Gmes with my Heart"- The Backstreet Boys.

I love NSync's first CD. I haven't listened to it in awhile, but I remember I liked most of the songs on it, I can't say that about anybody else...that I have ever liked more than 1 song they ever did.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone heard of "Boyzvoice". They were a "band" featured in a mockumentary from Denmark a few years ago. Basically, the boys couldn't sing or dance, and the film followed their struggle to make it big. Of course, with songs like "Cousin", how could they not....

Hey, there, beautiful girl
You oughta know you rock my world
With your eyes
And those perfect thighs
You make me feel so happy everytime you smile

You make me wanna scream and shout
I'd really like to ask you out, but...

Chorus
You're my cousin (cousin - yeah, yeah, yeah)
-second daughter of my fathers sister Anne-Marit
You're my cousin (cousin - yeah, yeah, yeah)
-we could never be a couple even if we wanted too
Sweet, cousin! (cousin - yeah, yeah, yeah)
Hey, hey, hey
- just because we have similar DNA

Hoo!
Aaaaaaaaaaa, ajaja yeah yeah yeaaaah!
Oooooohh!

I've known you all my life
And I was kind of hoping you could be my wife
But you froze
When I proposed
Daddy beat me up and told me I was being gross

One thing I always wanted to do
Is making passinate love to you, but

Chorus

How can this be true?
All I want to do
is kiss your lips and neglect it
It drives me wild that if we have a child
it would probably be dyslexic.

Chorus

Sweet cousin
Hey Hey Hey - I don't care what people say
Sweet cousin
Hi-hi-hi - happy ever after, you and me
Dear cousin, Hoo Hoo Hoo
- what can I do to get through to you
Ooh cousin, High High High
-you really take me to the sky...

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL!

I liked Nsync, but granted I was SEVEN. I have two of their CDs and I had a tape of another one of their albums. I still listen to 'em every once in awhile--Celebrity isn't really good, but I liked No Strings Attached. It's a guilty pleasure of mine.

My favorite was Lance. ^-^ On the Line was just terrible though.

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnyaKay27
Rewinder
Member # 4675

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for AnyaKay27   Email AnyaKay27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first loves were the New Kids on the Block, since then my love for boy bands has remained. My fav will always be the BackStreet Boys!!! Something that me and my daughters can share.
Posts: 33 | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
I haven't heard the Celebrity album, but my fave Nsync song is from it - "Pop". Great song, co written by an Aussie!
Marty McFly
Master Rewinder
Member # 4403

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Marty McFly   Email Marty McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll agree, even if that stuff wasn't my favorite, is/was better than some other music out there.

You know, I can't believe I'm publically admitting this, but I actually have grown to like the 2nd wave boy bands more with time. A few years ago, when BSB and N'Sync, etc. were popular (around 1998-2001) I wouldn't have ever admitted it, but I always liked a few of their ballads. Especially Backstreet Boys' "I Want it That Way".

Even if I cringed at the oversaturation of that type of music in, say 1999, I did kinda envy the guys because girls were crazy about them! At the time, I always said, "Even if I get sick of their music, they're still cuter and more successful than me, so I won't knock 'em." [Big Grin]

Posts: 136 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home