iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Miracle Beach?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Miracle Beach?
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, as you may have already surmised, I'm on an Ami Dolenz bender now. Has anyone seen this movie? It seems to be very well liked according to what I read on IMDB. It's impossible to find it though.
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cindy,

Ami Dolenz is great in "Miracle Beach". The movie has an 80's comedy feel to it in my opinion. Think "I Dream Of Jeannie" at the beach. This movie even has "The Karate Kid's" Pat Morita, so it is most definitely worth a watch!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Valley for the input. You woulnd't happen to have a copy I could borrow? [Smile]
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember seeing it a long time ago. Alexis Arquette is in and he plays a male. I guess this is way before he came out as a woman.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, I only saw this movie on HBO in the 90's. I did look for it when I was on My Ami Dolenz kick about three years ago, but sad to report I was unable to obtain it. Good Luck on your Vision Quest.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you look on www.amazon.com USED VHS category???
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ouch! they have it...but for $90!

I'll keep looking though.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
eBay has VHS copies for $19.99
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cute movie cindy. i have only seen it on cable, but i really liked it. valley said best, it's more like "i dream of jeannie."
it would be nice to see this one again....

good luck in catching a good deal on it. how about trying to rent it??

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey that guy was in Rockula!
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
Thanks for all the help mamamiasweetpeaches! I appreciate that. I saw the one listed on Amazon and I was like, no way! I'll keep checking Ebay but I thought the one I saw had the box cut and it was placed in a plastic case. I try to buy ones where the box is at least decent. I really hope to score a copy of this.

Great pic Valley, where the heck did you find that?

I don't think I'd have any luck finding a video place that would have this one to rent NowhereGirl [Frown] . Blockbuster bites the big one!

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
That guy used to be on a TV show too....only I cant remember what the hell it was called! (More on that later)
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
THEY CAME FROM OUTER SPACE was the name of the show.
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Dug this out of the vault. Cindy did you ever see it?

It was on MGMHD the other night and it was thoroughly enjoyable. I realize Miracle Beach is a 90's movie, but it felt like an 80's hold over of sorts. Ami Dolenz was awesome in it. Her role in "Can't Buy Me Love" was small, but very noticeable as well.

"As you wish Master."

Dean Cameron from "Summer School" and "Ski School" fame once said he really wasn't into this flick, but now he says he realizes how much people enjoyed the movie.

cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
Wow, Valley, you are full of surprises...bringing this one back from the dead.

Yes, I did actually get my hands on a VHS copy of Miracle Beach and I transferred it to DVD-R. I then sold the VHS for like 40 bucks.

I liked it. I may need to watch it again now that I start thinking about it. Dean Cameron was better in Summer School but it was still enjoyable to see him in this.

When I met Ami at the Chiller Convention in May, I had her sign my She's Out of Control DVD and I told her how I grew up on her movies and that I've seen everything from Can't Buy Me Love, to Miracle Beach to Life 101. She got a kick out of that and said something to the effect of "Oh God, no way." I was thinking, girl, I drove 2 hours to meet you and Meredith...I've seen all your flicks...even the sucky ones...so, way! Hahaha.

Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got this one on vhs at the goodwill.......I'd rememberd it, it sorta is pretty much cheese on a stick........you sold your vhs for $40......I wanna do that!! [Smile]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Cindy, please tell me that you told Ami to see me if she was still looking for ways to help the team. [Big Grin]
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
Cindy, please tell me that you told Ami to see me if she was still looking for ways to help the team. [Big Grin]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Okay, that was funny!

"You know like keeping our spirits up..."

Freakin' Gerardo Rico Suave!

80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember Dean Cameron played that crazy guy in Bad Dreams. Just watched that one a couple weeks ago.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home