iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » The Brothers McMullen

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Brothers McMullen
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ed Burn's career has been rathur cold ever since big budget fiasco 'A Sound Of Thunder', nonetheless, lets recall this gem of a movie he made way back when. 'The Brothers McMullen' is a great film written, directed and starring Ed, the movie focuses on three Irish brothers coming to terms with life and love in Long Island. Ed Burns is good, but its youngest McMullen sibling; Patrick (played by Sean McGlone) who steals the show here.

'She's The One' was more of the same, only glossier and starring Cameron Diaz (good film, well worth checking out) 'Sidewalks Of New York' was the kind of movie an on form Woody Allen may've made (good performance by Rosario Dawson). Ed then cropped up in 'Saving Private Ryan' teamed with De Niro in little seen thriller '15 Minutes' before mixing it up in classy heist movie 'Confidence' (excellent movie, great cast).

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the Brothers McMullen and Sidewalks of New York. I wish he'd make more movies like that. I'll have to go to IMDB and see what he's up to.
Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you like 'Ash Wednesday'?, personally, I thought Ellijah Wood just about manages to get away with trying to be an Irish gangster. Some of the symbolism was slightly over the top, but a good go at the not-so-popular NY Irish mob genere.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home