iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Can't Hardly Wait

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can't Hardly Wait
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of those movies that always looked like it might be good (if only because the cover is pseudo-80s or in the same vein as 'Dazed & Confused') has anyone seen this Jennifer Love Hewitt flick?
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will say Seth Green (Chucky from Can't Buy Me Love) is hilarious in this movie. The movie is only moderately appealing to me.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked it ok. The funniest part was when Seth Green was drying his pants and that girl walked in on him....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah it was good. I watched it when I was in college.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was a fun movie, there were some hilarious scenes in it, and the boy's pursuit of JLH was like Sixteen Candles's Samantha Baker chasing after Jake Ryan in reverse.

There was even a Tom Cruise lookalike actor in it.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked this one too. Saw it back at college. It had a similar plot to many of those teen 80´s movies in where the nerd was in love or had this huge crush on the popular girl (or viceversa) and at the end she choose him over the popular jock (or sometimes girl).

Good Soundtrack too!!!

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is one of the tolerable teen flicks of the 90's for me. I love Seth Green and I thought Ethan Embry (Preston) was great! The movie had it's moments and some good quotes (i.e.,"that's just the price you pay for dating Christy Turlington").

But Mane1980, you hit the nail on the head, the soundtrack is what makes it! The use of Yaz's "Only You" at the end really worked well! Do you know I never knew that song until I saw this movie! How lame am I? [Frown] I also liked the Tone Loc and Guns & Roses songs. It was definitely fun. Now, 10 things I hate about you drove me insane! Yuck!

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miss Mancini really???? you didn't like 10 Things??? but you liked Can't Hardly Wait???

I was here when they filmed 10things, thats my neigborhood!!! So maybe I have a keen-ness to love it, but Julia Stiles and Heath were great....and the soundtrack I loved!!! I even met Andrew Keegan at my work (the model jerk)He was really nice and I didn't act like I knew who he was....muwahhaha

the thing I liked most about Can't Hardly Wait was Seth Green, JLH I could go without [Razz] Otherwise I just thought it was ok too.

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It almost felt like an 80's movie to me, which in itself was an achievement!

In my opinion, it was the best teen movie of the 90’s (not including the ones from the early 90’s that still felt 80’s)

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy, "10 Things I Hate About You" was my second favorite teen movie from the 90's. I kept waiting for "Can't Hardly Wait"...I'm still waiting is the problem.

Cool story on Andrew Keegan, was he still wearing the nose guard from where Bianca gave Chachi his pipedown? [Wink] Btw, did you meet him at his nose spray or underwear commercial?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool Valley, I didn't know you liked 10 things!!

Haha about the Andrew Keegan.... [Razz] Valley I so know what your first favorite 90's movie is.....I doooooo......cause it's mine too. I may need to watch it here again soon.

you know i'd so proably even have people throwing things at me when I say this....but.....the whole GnR karoke thing bored me too....in Can't Hardly Wait.

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by logan5:

In my opinion, it was the best teen movie of the 90’s (not including the ones from the early 90’s that still felt 80’s)

True, but then again the early 90's were still 80's hangover, but then as the decade advanced some of the 90's teen movies were Bad, and many of thos included some 80's teen actors. I guess they tried to copy the 80's formula but the times weren't right.

CHW, Yeah the soundtrack was cool! Ethan Embry was cool as preston, JLH as Amanda was ok too!

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The drunk dude who sang "Paradise City" (the nerd in the movie) was the kid in the Peter Pan movie "Hook."
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mane1980:
quote:
Originally posted by logan5:

True, but then again the early 90's were still 80's hangover, but then as the decade advanced some of the 90's teen movies were Bad, and many of thos included some 80's teen actors. I guess they tried to copy the 80's formula but the times weren't right.

CHW, Yeah the soundtrack was cool! Ethan Embry was cool as preston, JLH as Amanda was ok too!

Not seen this movie, and thought 10 Things was Ok, but you're still all forgetting the best 90s teen movie - 8 Days A Week - and that was LATE 90s!
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home