iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » The Butteryfly Effect

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Butteryfly Effect
stu1984
Master Rewinder
Member # 3248

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stu1984   Email stu1984   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else seen this movie? I saw it last night and thought it was excellent.

Stu

Posts: 226 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stu1984, I never thought I would say that and Ashton Kutcher was really good, but "The Butterfly Effect" is a decent movie nonetheless. I have always been enamored with films that involved time travel and the effects on your life if you changed something that happened bad to you in the past. This movie was a pleasant surprise with its paradox of changes. It is a movie that will mess with your mind if you let it.

Btw, if you really like this movie go rent "The I Inside" starring Ryan Phillippe. Similar type of movie.

[ 02. January 2006, 18:10: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stu1984
Master Rewinder
Member # 3248

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stu1984   Email stu1984   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the reccomendation Valley, i'll check that one out.

Stu

Posts: 226 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was very surprising that it was so good. It wasn't the way I expected it at all. It was a very entertaining and interesting story. Ashton Kutcher really showed he can act in this film! I like that he took on a dramatic role and showed his versatility.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mason Storm
Rewind Curious
Member # 4458

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Mason Storm   Email Mason Storm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Film, I saw it not long after Donnie Darko, it was a less ambiguous (did I spell that correctly?). I really should watch Donnie Darko again as I'm sure that there are parts that still don't make sense to me, I guess it's left up to the viewer to have thier own opinion rather than spelling it out.

Does anyone know of any other similar films worth watching?

Posts: 6 | From: Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stu1984
Master Rewinder
Member # 3248

Member Rated:
Mason Storm "The I Inside" is on sky movies this week (Thursday I think).

I haven't seen it but i'll trust Valleys' recommendation [Wink]

Stu [Cool]

Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loved the butterfly effect.Thought it was a really good and thought provoking take on the time travel movie.And i was very impressed with the shock ending.
Speaking of time travel,a friend has recently lent me a selection of dvd's on the most famous time traveller of all- Doctor Who.Very cool.

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home