iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » HOME ALONE 2: LOST IN NEW YORK

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HOME ALONE 2: LOST IN NEW YORK
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After someone said HOME ALONE hadnt aged well I thought I might say that I not only loved HOME ALONE, but part 2 just as well.

Anyone else?

Agree? Disagree?

I live in New York so maybe I'm biased.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Home Alone and Home Alone 2, but they got bad after the second one. Anytime you replace the lead character AND villians is asking for trouble...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The second 'assualt' on Pesci and Stern had me laughing harder than the original. The battery cables hooked to the sink schtick was great! Stern with that big ol' afro and seeing him turn to a skeleton kills me!
Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never saw Part 3 with "the other kid". I just cant make myself do it.
They had a made for TV movie awhile back (HOME ALONE 4?????) with a different kid and different villains and it was pretty damn bad.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lost in New York holds up well as a sequel; indeed, I think Kevin grows a little as a character in this one. It's here that you can see more clearly that he cares deeply about others despite the air of indifference he sometimes creates. And yes, many of the jokes extend well. It's hysterical enough seeing Harry's head set on fire again (if he'd just checked a little more thoroughly, he could have avoided the pain); having him blow himself up trying to douse it in the toilet loaded with flammable material adds a great added touch. They also put a great supporting cast around him (Gus Polinski the Polka King was to have returned, but for some unspecified reason talks between Hughes and Candy broke down): Ally Sheedy, Tim Curry, Eddie Bracken, and Rob Schneider in what to me is his only role worth watching. Better than most sequels.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my all-time favorites! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miyagi-Turbo
Master Rewinder
Member # 4340

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Miyagi-Turbo   Email Miyagi-Turbo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first two installments of the Home Alone series were classics. I never watched Home Alone 3. I have to agree with mamamiasweetpeaches and say that 4 was really bad. I had to stop watching it because it was just so horrible. If you havent seen it, you have not missed a thing.
Posts: 203 | Registered: A Long Time Ago! | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same here. I've only seen them in bits and pieces and don't care to see more. It's not the smae without the cast we came to (mostly) love.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home