iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Mr. Destiny (1990)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mr. Destiny (1990)
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100201/

I’ve watched this film a couple of times recently and it’s good but with such an impressive cast it’s a little bit of a disappointment.

James B seems to play his usual ‘cheeky chappy’ role nicely. Jon Lovitz doing what he does best, I can’t describe it but he does it well!

I see similarities in it with BTTF and the Best of Times – with one small change/ choice/moment early in your life changing everything massively in the future.

Michael Caines part reminds me a lot of Doc in back to the future and even more so of Rafferty in Heavenly Kid, with his sort of knowing more than he lets on attitude, when he briefly ‘appears’

I know this one just scrapes in to the 90s but to me it seems a very 80s story with the pink neon and the way he spends his new found wealth, his new improved desk especially and his choice of car comes across as very 80s.
I’ve no doubt the script was kicking around long before it was made

Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being a big James B fan, I really liked this movie...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home