iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » My Fellow Americans

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Fellow Americans
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is another of those films that never really did all that well but has a certain appeal that I find endearing. If you haven't seen it, Jack Lemmon and James Garner are bickering former presidents forced to go on a cross-country tour of errors to clear their names in a breaking scandal, all the while finding out how their policies affected the country. The banter between them can be hysterical at times, for example when they force Marine One to land deep in the woods after realizing the NSA duped them into getting on board:

LEMMON: Wait a minute, do you realize we never had to leave the chopper? You've got their gun; you could have made them take us back to Washington!
GARNER: Oh NOW you figure that out!
LEMMON: Well as usual the Republican comes up with the plan, while the Democrat just aimlessly wanders in the woods!

Or when stopping for a coffee break:

GARNER: Let me have a sip.
LEMMON: Oh like I'm about to share a drink with the Washington Love Machine. You know, you could spit in a petri dish and start a whole new civilization.

Or while barricading themselves in the White House guests rooms from murderous NSA agents:

LEMMON: Hey, easy with that desk, it belonged to Thomas Jefferson! The Declaration of Independence may have been signed on that!
GARNER: Well Tom isn't here to help me pick up the other end, so move it!

What did you think of this one?

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hilarious!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loved this one! When Garner asks for a sip of Lemmons coffee and he makes him lick the lid. Too Funny!
Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just pulled this off the 'ol DVD rack the other day and watched it. It never really got its due, although I thought it was very funny...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home