iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » EDWARD SCISSORHANDS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EDWARD SCISSORHANDS
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always loved this one.
Tonight at 9 when my daughter went to sleep I put it on and she said "Johnny Depp............I love Johnny Depp!!!!" (I told her tomorrow I would go online and find pictures of him from 21 JUMP STREET. ROWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!)
We watched about 45 minutes and then I made her go to sleep. We'll watch the rest tomorrow.
Any other fans?
And, yes, I cry at the end.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great movie, if not a sad movie. I wonder why the little girl at the beginning had such a ridiculously HUGE bed?

I liked Diane Weist in that one, especially how she's so nice and casual with Edward. His contrast with the bright world of the suburbs is nice. Plus, kudos for the new spin on the Frankenstein story. And Vincent Price, hurray!

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed that too...the bed was huge.,..but then again it was Tim Burton, and he likes to do weird stuff like that. I mean the whole neighborhood was pretty damn odd looking, right????
I'll go out on a limb and say that since the movie was about opposites like dark (Edward and the castle) and light (the whole sunny pastel colored town) he was trying to show the difference between how old the old lady was and how tiny the and young the little girl was (huge bed). But thats just a guess.
I did laugh when I saw the bed though. My whole family could fit in that thing!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely oen of Burton's best. He does a great job cramming a load of emotion into the film. I enjoy Edward's adventures with the water bed.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
My daughter is not letting me have the tape back! So it must be good, right?
I cryed my a** off.....again.
She got upset when Jim was beating Edward up...but she didn't actually cry. She was thrilled when Jim got killed. She called him a "B hole" (She's 6)

Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha, that's pretty funny. [Smile] Jim was such a jerk.

I thought it was hilarious when the lady making the moves on Edward walks over to hand him some lemonade and her dog is following her and barking, so she kicks him and all you hear is this whimper.

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kookie and fun film. I love the sets in this with the houses and cars all in the same colors and such. What I like about movies like this is that you really cannot tell what year they are supposed to be set in. Certain things make you think 60's, but then with certain technologies that you see you go no way!!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always cry at Edward Scissorhands.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent film with Burton, Depp and Ryder at the top of their game, a modern day fairy tale that works on a variety of levels.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
weren't Depp and Ryder engaged at this point?
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a great movie this is!! I love to watch it around Christmas time for some reason. My favorite part is when Winnona's mother brings him home and tucks him into to bed. She says something to the effect of I know everything is really confusing right now but it'll be okay. She then leaves the room and Edward looks over to the side and there is this creepy a$$ little clown doll laying next to him. His eyes and facial expression are priceless. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah Cindy I remember, it was followed by the whole water bed debacle, this is a fantastic movie and Depp wrote a hilarious foreword to Tim Burton's biography about the first time they met to discuss the role, how Tim was a bleary eyed mess and how he (Depp) didn't think he had a chance in hell of getting the role (after his stint on '21 jump street'). Great stuff.

Depp and Ryder were engaged at the time, but alas, 'Winona Forever' was rathur cruelly (but appropriately?) trimmed down to 'Wino Forever' and that was that, I only recently discovered that Ryder's a blonde in real life, and dyes her hair for every movie besides this one.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it was around about the time of EDWARD SCISSORHANDS' release that I was crazy for Winona Ryder - I had a wall in my bedroom covered with posters and pages torn from my girlfriends' teen magazines of her. but man, that blonde wig she wore in ED SCI was just wrong!
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Her EDWARD hair bugged me too. If she was a natural bnlonde it sure doesnt look right to me! With her I say the darker the better.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home