iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Hollow Man

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hollow Man
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw about 15 minutes of it yesterday in the middle of it...I had never ever wanted to watch any of it before....my mom had seen it, and said it was very weird, so I watched some of it...but didn't like it...except the effects were really different.

I knew Kevin Bacon was in it. But, I didn't know Elizabeth Shue was in it- I hated her hair in this movie.

I saw the scene where he goes to the girl's apartment that he could see out his window, and I think he must rape her...cause I am sure it was edited...so that all disturbed me. The girl in that scene was really pretty...she looked familiar..but I wasn't sure who played her, does anyone know?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you give this film a chance, it’s actually a pretty inventive take on the old invisible man routine (i.e. moving a camera around in an empty room) the invisibility effects are brilliantly conceived whilst Kevin Bacon is excellent as usual.

No one does off-beat sci-fi satires better than Paul Veerhoven and ‘Hollow Man’ is one of his best; the scene with the girl is disturbing as it highlights Bacon’s slide into homicidal mania, people who saw 'Hollow Man' in the cinema told me that this scene was heavily cut for DVD and as for the girl? That’s former British TV presenter Rhona Mitra, she used to do a music show before trying to make it in the movies.

I hear they’re making ‘Hollow Man 2’ with Christian Slater…oh dear; can you say ‘straight to video’?

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh you are kidding Kash. I have to say that the first one was kind of a guilty pleasure of mine. I watched it about whenever it was on. Actually haven't seen it for a long time. I love the effects in this. Wouldn't it be weird to be invisible?
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its true Jess, Christian Slater's a good actor and deserves better in my opinion.

The SFX were excellent, especially the way smoke and water showed up on him. Invisibility would be very cool, though they'd have to make it far safer than it is in the movie, there is a cloak you can buy now which mimics the 'Predator' style reflection /partial invisibility effect.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Hollow Man could have been a lot better. I've always enjoyed "Invisible Man" type movies and this was different because the invisi-guy was a baddie.
I liked the Invisible Man series from the '70s. I wish it would come out on DVD. I liked the way he wore the mask that looked and felt like real skin and then he would peel it off when he wanted to be invisible. I also liked the movie Chevy Chase did with Daryl Hannah. That was cool.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a pretty funny episode of the show Big Wolf on Campus where a character was turning invisible, so he got his friend to help him and here was a bit of the conversation:

"You think you have it bad? I'm invisible, my head's in a bag, and I'm totally NAKED!"
"Really? Like, totally?"
"*nods, moves bag*"
"Couldn't you have, like, put on some underwear or something?"
"My clothes aren't invisible, just me. What, do you want it to look like you're being followed by a pair of haunted underpants?"

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home