iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Because of Winn Dixie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Because of Winn Dixie
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mom rented this one and I watched it tonight, so here's what I thought.

I wanted to hate this movie, but I didn't. It really was just cute, despite some cliched storylines, "It's not a witch living in that old shack, it's really just a misunderstood old lady!" But they did have some nice storylines too; I liked the religious themes and the preacher dad, and the people she met were nice characters. I wondered why Harlem Williams was hired to play a dumb cop again, but I guess he does the role well. His part seemed too kiddy to me, but the rest of the story was pretty good. Plus the dog was cute when it smiled, c'mon.

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter has been buggin me to get this.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a nice kids movie, if she hasn't seen it she'll probably like it.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay. I just ordered it off eBay.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
Cool; hope she enjoys it. [Smile]
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
we watched it last night. it was really good, better than I thought it would be. Dare I admi I CRYED! I loved the scene where Dave Matthews was playing gitar and all the animals were out of their cages watching him. Man, if I ever walked into a pet store that had that cute little pig in it I would have to buy it!
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
Ha! That was a cute scene. Lots of cute animals in that flick, lol.
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want this movie lol i m waitting for hastings to have a used copy for nine bucks lol speaking of cute animal movies racing stripes is really good. my baby cousin loves it
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Did you try www.half.com? You can probably get a used copy from them for about $10.00
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
http://www.dvdpricesearch.com/cgi-bin/dvdsearch2
Just search for the best DVD prices there, they should have great new prices and sometimes they have used prices at the bottom of the "check prices" pop-up too.

According to the search there's a copy of Because of Winn Dixie on Amazon.com used for $7.95.

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
...and www.half.com has one used for $7.45.
Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chloe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved this film as a little kid!
Posts: 232 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home