iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » 90's Sitcoms you just didn't get (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 90's Sitcoms you just didn't get
happysunshine28
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4345

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for happysunshine28   Email happysunshine28   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seinfeld, I never liked that one. All they did was complain about everything. I did like Cramer hes a riot.
Posts: 13 | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
I hated MARRIED WITH CHILDREN and FRIENDS and as for now I dont "get" SCRUBS.

I will admitt I started out liking MARRIED WITH CHILDREN...but after the two season mark it just seemed like the same jokes over and over again FOR YEARS!!!!!!

FRIENDS...I just think when you actually disect it....it's not funny! (At least not to me). I remember being ****ed when I read in magazines that the people in FRIENDS kept demanding...and getting...more money! Have you ever sat through any of their movies???? Peee-yeeew!

SCRUBS either thinks its wittier than it is or is so witty it goes right over my head. I just sit there groaning for the first few minutes...and then I hit the clicker.

THANKS SO MUCH! I thought I was gonna get a grilling if I said that the 'almighty' FRIENDS was just NOT FUNNY! actually, I HATE THAT SHOW!!! IT MAKES ME PHYSICALLY SICK TO MY COLON!! what makes it worse is that almost every female I know (and I know too many! no offense ladies) thinks that this so-called 'comedy' series is the absolute business. I'd like to see a more 'real' version of this show - there'd be characters from different backgrounds i.e. not all caucasian, there'd be a smoker or two, an alchoholic, a junkie, one or two characters would be homosexual, there'd be punch-ups, money troubles.... actually wait, that's a bit like my life. oh well, I guess being an East end boy from London, my favourite sit-coms are BOTTOM, THE YOUNG ONES, PORRIDGE and of course ONLY FOOLS & HORSES. it's proper comedy.
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brandon777
Master Rewinder
Member # 4014

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brandon777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I can't believe that there are so many "Friends" haters. I thought that was a really good, well written show.
Posts: 239 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Illnero
Master Rewinder
Member # 4286

- posted      Profile for Illnero   Email Illnero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's a case of "I Can't Believe This Cast Got a Cool Million Dollars and Episode For This Trype" which makes people not like Friends. Not a case of jealousy, just wondering is that much money really worth it for this.
Posts: 154 | From: between wash and spin | Registered: Aug 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually have so grown to love Seinfeld. It is one that I didn't appreciate as much when it was on. I am kind of glad now because it gives me a chance to watch something from 15 years ago that I didn't see much. So it is like seeing it all over again for the first time.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footloosefan92
Rewind Curious
Member # 4498

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for footloosefan92   Email footloosefan92   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you guys think about Gilmore Girls. I liked it for a while but I want to get your opinions on it I have to admit I was crazy about it but not so crazy about it anymore [Confused]
Posts: 2 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never ever even seen one episode of Gilmore Girls! If I am remembering correctly didn't they like not speak on the show for a number of episodes?? Must have started on a night when I watched something else instead.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friends made multi-millionaires out of a bunch of no-talent actors and actresses. That's reason enough to dislike the show. LOL. It just wasn't funny to me. I could comment on someone being shallow enough to get a "Rachel" hairdo but I know someone on here probably got one at sometime or the other...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I like friends, it's easy to watch, and yeah it makes me laugh. There's nothin wrong with brain candy comedy. I didn't like Seinfeld, I do like Scrubs....I also like Malcolm in the middle, but I dont like that Everybody loves Raymond crap...it's too cliched. I did love Married with children, but then I watched that when I was early teens, so I bet if I watched it now it would suck (like roseanne and the Cosby show).

I like stuff like the young ones and Bottom too, but I hated Rab C Nesbitt (Brit ref).

I really like the family guy, and the peep show....I could go on and this would turn in to the Earth Angel show......Mmmm now there's an idea [Wink]
[Wink] [Wink] [Wink] [Wink] [Big Grin]

Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How was Friends brain candy? I considered it to be more like brain waste...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brain candy, is something you can watch that doesn't take any brain action, so you're brain can put it's feet up and drink a colourful c0cktail while you are swept along by the easiness of something....this also applies to chick flicks.
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home