iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Coyote Ugly

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coyote Ugly
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that this one is close in the year range. I am going by the CD which does say 2000 but I think the movie came out in 99. Anyway, this is one of my faves from the time. A de3cnt storyline along with some hotties at the time performing. The whole 'true story' of it was terrific and the soundtrack was AWESOME! They did a reality show about it on CMT, about what it truly takes to become a Coyote which was just hilarious. I have to say though that the music in the flick was great. All of Leann Rimes' songs in it should have hit #1 on the country charts along with the Top 40, but unfortunately, she wasnt allowed to release them as singles because she was in a dispute with her record company at the time and they retained the rights, so the songs basically got dated as the movie ran its span in theaters and then eventually to DVD. I think that they finally released the first single (Cant Fight The Moonlight) to coincide with the DVD release. But there are other songs on the soundtrack that were staples in the 80's. INXS, Snap, and KMF are also on there.
Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good soundtrack. I guess I am just not into girls dancing on bars!!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the song " Can't Fight the Moonlight"...but the movie didn't do much for me...the girl lip synced the whole way through it, and her acting was pretty bad...and the storyline was pretty weak...but I can see why a guy would like it.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home