iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Disappointments (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Disappointments
Fat
Master Rewinder
Member # 2334

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Fat   Email Fat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley just single handedly summarized this movie in 100 words or less, and saved you 2 hours and 20 minutes which you can now apply to a more productive activity such as; channel surfing, eating cream cheese and bagels, or baking a cake.  -

[ 06. August 2005, 18:56: Message edited by: Fat ]

Posts: 180 | From: Nor. Cal 510 | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good point Fat. I think most people spend there night rewinding and slo-moing the movie flickers instead of watching Edward Norton beating the crap out of himself in front of his boss.

The people that made "Donnie Darko" can't even explain that movie, but I actually liked it because it took me on a mind trip trying to make up my own conclusions.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat
Master Rewinder
Member # 2334

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Fat   Email Fat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I definately thought Darko was a cleverly constructed flick. It did not in my opinion have that "WOW" factor to it though.
Posts: 180 | From: Nor. Cal 510 | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Earlier in this thread, I said that I was very disappointed in "Magnolia", at least, when it first came out in 1999.

But I rented it again last week, and now I must say that I am starting to appreciate the movie a little bit more. Some movies just takes repeated viewing to "get" the nuances that go with a film, and "Magnolia" is one of them.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just thought of another 90's movie that definitely falls into the "disappointing" category:

Stanley Kubrick's last film, "Eyes Wide Shut", with Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman.

I truly cannot understand what Kubrick saw in the material to make this movie. And I think too many people and critics gave this film a passing grade, only because Kubrick died shortly after he finished shooting the film.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home