iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Movie of the Day--Saving Silverman

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie of the Day--Saving Silverman
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay for those of you Neil Diamond lovers this is one that you absolutely have to see.

It stars Jack Black, Jason Biggs, and Steve Zahn as a group of friends who end up getting broken up because one of them gets a controlling girlfriend. The other two decide to kidnap her so they can get their friend back and try to get him with an old high school friend. Hilarious film. It also stars Amanda Peet and R. Lee Emery.

If you haven't seen this I definately recommend it and yes there is a cameo appearance by Neil Diamond.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Must be one of Earth Angel's Favorite movies. Of course, she said her last Neil Diamond experience was not the best, so maybe not.

My friend's sister is married to Steve Zahn, so I'm always keeping up with his career. Do you remember J. Peterman from Seinfield? Well they are from Lexington and Steve Zahn is married to his daughter Robyn who's brother went to college with me. Who's aunt's brother's cousin...ha..I did meet him at a wedding once, if that counts.

My favorite Steve Zahn movie is "Out of Sight" and then maybe "Joy Ride", he was good in "That Thing You Do" though he had a smaller role.

When Zahn & Jack Black try to kidnap Amanda Peet in Saving Silverman...I was rolling.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Steve Zahn (REALITY BITES) and I love Neil Diamond..............but I hated that movie.
Sorry.
Wow, you knwo Steve Zahn. How cool. I love him! He is one of those people I just look at and smile. Like...the "energy" just goes right troughh the screen. I get good Steve Zahn vibes!

[ 22. July 2005, 19:43: Message edited by: mamamiasweetpeaches ]

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow I didn't know that you had met him before. I think that is so cool, I always get jealous when I hear of people who know people, I never get to see anyone in KS.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This movie had me on my *** laughing the first 5 minutes. My fave scene was when Jack Black's recliner wouldnt cooperate...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noblprz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 999

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for noblprz   Email noblprz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Coach, there's this woman,"

"KILL HER!"

Funniest. Line. Ever.

This movie was Way underrated.

"I was doing the Navy Seals hand signs"

"I don't know them I only know the Air Force."

"If they get stuck together it counts as one nacho."

"Beer bong for M'lady??"

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Posts: 98 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
Jack Black really is priceless!!
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved the title of their band..."Diamonds In The Rough."
I liked when she wanted the Big Montanna from Arbys and curyl fries. Also the part where they had Niel Diamond's autograph they got on e-bay and she says it looks like a photo copy.
Cool movie.
I also liked Jack Black in School Of Rock.
I can't wait to see his performance this December in King Kong.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
Had to revive this topic because I watched it again recently.

It really is a gem!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home