iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Movie of the Day--Jawbreaker

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie of the Day--Jawbreaker
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay kind of reminicent of an 80s flick. Popular teen girls reform a nerdy girl that saw them trying to cover up a murder. It kind of reminds me of Heathers. I love the music in this one. It starred Rose McGowan, Rebecca Gayheart, and Judy Greer. It is pretty funny right about now because I have completely drawn a blank as to how the movie ended?????? Wow, I must be getting old.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Jessie that makes two of us, I don't remember how it ended either. I actually dont' know if I saw the ending to this one. I don't remember most of it. It was definitely not as good as Heathers, I guess that's what they were going for. I didn't much care for it. I guess it's because I just like Heathers and hey it had Christian Slater in it! [Big Grin] [Wink]
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See I am just not a big Christian Slater fan though. I have watched Heathers before but it has been a really long time. That is one of those that I need to see again and it would be like watching it for the first time.

My favorite Christian Slater role was in Untamed Heart, other than that he doesn't do anything for me at all.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually kind of like Jawbreaker, but mostly for the colors. What a bright movie!

The end: Julie finds a card they gave to Elizabeth on one of her birthdays that records messages and accidentally recorded Courtney confessing to killing Elizabeth. When Courtney wins prom queen, they rig up the microphone to play the message, she runs off stage, and people curse her out and throws boudeneirs at her. She ruins her hair and makeup and screams a lot. Julie is smug and gets the guy. Fern just kinda sits back and smiles.

I like Judy Greer, especially in Cursed (I have horrible taste in movies, I know). I thought she was great in Jawbreaker.

I don't know how they got Carole Kane and Pam Grier, though.

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God I hated JAWBREAKERS so much I turned it off.

Rent PEP SQUAD instead.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
What is PEP SQUAD?????

I really did like the colors too of Jawbreaker Lupa. I loved the cover of the DVD.

Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Correct Jawbreakers

AKA

Heathers.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to www.imdb.com and look up PEP SQUAD. It's like what SCREAM would have looked like if John Waters had directed it.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dead_souls
Rewind Curious
Member # 4237

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for dead_souls   Email dead_souls   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I killed Liz. I killed the teen dream. Deal with it!"

lol

Posts: 5 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home