iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Jumanji

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jumanji
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We started watching National Treasure last night, and what I have seen of it so far I liked better than I expected too. My husband thought it was boring, my son liked it, we are going to finish it this morning.

But, the beginning with the kid in the attic and the board game thing, it reminded me of Jumanji...and I wondered if anyone else liked this movie?? I actually thought it was kind of cool. My son really liked it.

It seemed like a movie that could have had a million sequels and didn't and yet they sequel just about everything.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fairytayle_17
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4041

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for fairytayle_17   Email fairytayle_17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i loved jumanji!!!!!!!!!!! the storyline is just pure genious!!! a magical board game!!! oh its just great!!
(not that i enjoyed this film or anything! [Big Grin] )

Posts: 58 | From: Isle of Wight, England | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It reminded you of Jumanji because it's by the same guy that wrote it.
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe what you are talking about is a trailer that I saw too that totally reminded me of it. I mean reminded me of it a lot!!!!

I liked Jumanji, the concept the cinematography of it. I like movies that effectively display the season of the year to where you can almost feel the air of it. That one is like that for me.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, now that is weird. I did not know that at all. But, it sure had that movie written all over it.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I didn't know the movies were written by the same guy. Thanks, Bionic.

I love Jumanji. I saw it in theaters and remember when Alan first showed up in the kids' house looking all wild and screaming, I thought he was the scariest thing.

I thought Bonnie Hunt was really funny, the kids did a good job, and . . . well, who are we kidding? Robin Williams rocks in anything he's in whether it's a good or awful movie. He's just good like that.

The ending was great. [Big Grin] "We're going on a skiing trip--" "NO!"

Did anyone see the cartoon based off of Jumanji? I thought it was good, but I didn't get to see much of it. I'm not sure why, but in the cartoon, Alan lived in Jumanji and the kids would come visit him every once in awhile and they'd have adventures together in the jungle. The guy who hunted people--he was always there, and I think he was Alan's enemy. I remember there was a storyline where the girl (Kirsten Dunst's character) got a love potion from Jumanji and all the boys in the real world went nuts. [Big Grin] Pretty funny. I don't think Bonnie Hunt's character ever showed up in the cartoon, though.

Anyway. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd consider it one of the better family films of the 90s. Everything clicks well here, and they manage to manufacture genuine suspense at times. Thankfully they didn't roll anything that would have brought about gigantic snakes; I may have keeled over dead.

If you've seen similar looking trailers, you're not far off the mark; it appears Chris Van Allsburg wrote a story that's in essence from what I can see exactly the same, only it has a space theme. I have no idea why...

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked up Zathura on IMDB.com, and viewed the trailer--I was like, "Yeah, this is Jumanji in space!" From what I've read, though, Zathura is a sequel to Jumanji (in a sense that the books went like so: after the adventure in Jumanji, two other kids found the game--I forget how the game becomes a space-themed game, but it does.). The only thing similar is the game board theme, but otherwise the characters and settings have no relation to the first film. (And there's evil robots and a house in space.)

I think it sounds like a pretty decent kids movie. I never was crazy about space-themed junk (except in a parody sense), but it sounds like it'll be well-done. It should be released December 10th this year, actually, if it sticks to the release date on IMDB.

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved Jumanji! My daugher loves it too and she wants to see that new one. I like the little monkeys they were cute. [Wink]
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home