iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Horrible movies you love... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Horrible movies you love...
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Forrest Gump was totally depressing. I don't know how it lifts anyone spirit. His girlfriend is a drug addict and gets AIDS and dies. His mom had sex with the guy from the school to get him in school, and he was just a little boy- and could hear them "doing it"- I never forgot that part- I only ever saw the movie once, and was waiting the whole time to start liking it, or for this big moment where I felt like it was uplifting. But his voice drove me crazy, and some of the effects with him saying he had to pee to JFK- that was so lame and fake looking.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat
Master Rewinder
Member # 2334

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Fat   Email Fat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The movie was pretty realistic and covered an era that wasn't exactly a fairytale...
- The Vietnam War
- The 60's (which was arguably the most drug rampant decade), which led to tons of HIV cases with the sharing of needles...
- His Mom slept with someone to get him into school (this never happens in real life, completely fake! lol)

I don't think they made the movie with the intention of it being uplifting IS. It's made the tell the story about the tribulations of a semi-retarded kid, who makes it through life's difficult obstacles. I completely respect your opinion on not liking it though. The movie isn't for everyone, what movie is ya know? [Wink]

Posts: 180 | From: Nor. Cal 510 | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home