iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » YOUNG GUNS II: BLAZE OF GLORY

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: YOUNG GUNS II: BLAZE OF GLORY
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how cool was this film?! released in 1990 - what I call the 'year of the sequel' (DIE HARD 2, BACK TO THE FUTURE III, PREDATOR 2, ROBOCOP 2) YGII was just as good as the original! I loved the 'rivalry' between Emilio Estevez's Billy and Christian Slater's 'Arkansas' Dave and the knife-fight with Dave and Chavez. it had a great soundtrack by Alan Silvestri and of course THAT song by Jon Bon Jovi...
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm really fond of the western genre. I love all of the Clint Eastwood & John Wayne westerns. John Ford did some amazing films with Wayne out in Monument Valley where the scenery is just breathtaking!
Young Guns was sort of a Rock-N-Roll style western that gave the genre a new attitude. I thougth both of those movies were very cool.
Some of my favorite westerns are:

Tombstone
The Outlaw Josey Whales
Unforgiven
Silverado
Quigley Down Under
Pale Rider
Young Guns I & II
The High Plains Drifter
Big Jake
Stagecoach
The Cowboys
The Searchers
The Shootist

I also like a lot of the Tom Selleck Westerns like the Sackets & The Shadow Riders and the recent few he did on TNT.

I liked the 3 or 4 tv movies made in the '80s called Desperado about the cowboy drifter/gunfighter named Dalton that used the Eagle's song as the theme. those were pretty cool too.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home