iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Movie of the Day--Curse of the Jade Scorpion

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie of the Day--Curse of the Jade Scorpion
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay so its 2001!! Hey if you haven't seen this Woody Allen film you definately need to.

I am not a huge fan of him, but I thought that the dialogue and banter between Woody Allen's character and Helen Hunt's was hilarious. It is set in the 1940's at an insurance agency that has an investigative unit that is about to be run into the ground. It is so funny watching something like this now and seeing all of the "paperwork" and "files" that they actually had to deal with. I loved the clothes, comedy, and story of this film.

CW Briggs (Allen) and Betty Ann Fitzgerald (Hunt) play collegues that are at constant war with one another and end up falling for each other. They get hypnotized by a magician and end up stealing for him because he has put "The Curse of the Jade Scorpion" on them. Everytime I hear "Constantinople" and "Madagasgar" I think of this film.

I just added this one to my collection and it has become one of my favorites in recent years. It is a definate must see. The quick witted tongues that they use in this are so-not 1940's but more like something you would hear in today's films?

Check it out and let me know what you think!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fairytayle_17
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4041

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for fairytayle_17   Email fairytayle_17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry jlp can't say iv'e even heard of this one!! it sounds pretty good though! [Big Grin]
Posts: 58 | From: Isle of Wight, England | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm trying to catch up on the Woody Allen movies that I missed! This one is definitely on my "want to see next" list.

BTW, I happen to really like Woody Allen a lot. I know he's not for everyone's tastes, and some of his movies have been erratic in quality over the years. But for the most part, I consider him a comic genius. [Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Steven I would agree with you that he is a comedic genius. It will be a sad day when we lose him, I think he close to 70. It is hard to believe that he is that old, he still pretty much looks the same.

Fairytale you definately need to see this one, I think you will be impressed.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wallyum
Master Rewinder
Member # 2746

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for wallyum   Email wallyum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't worry too much about losing Woody. He'll be around at least long enough to start dating his daughters.
Posts: 160 | From: Northern Kentucky | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
Oh, yucky!! haha
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woody Allen sucks. the only performance he ever did that is wothwhile was in ANTZ.
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home