iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » A Walk to Remember

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Walk to Remember
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mom just read the book, and really liked it. I told her they had made a movie about it, and she said they would have to cast the right girl for it, for it to work, and I said they cast Mandy Moore, and she had no clue who she was.

I have never seen it, but a couple friends said they really liked it, I thought about going to rent it for my mom, and I'd watch it too.

What does anyone think of it??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chick flick and then some.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
love it love it love it.
loved the book and the movie. yes it's a chick flick, but it's about having faith in someone. and mandy moore wasn't bad in it.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mandy Moore did do an excellent job, but I just never bought into Shane West's character. The ending was a little too sappy for me is all I was saying. So Isis you'd love it. [Razz]

Wow Ronnie has a heart... [Wink]

There goes 5 bucks. [Smile]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chick Flick??? Goof....everything you watch is a Chick Flick, and then some, so your point on that is??? [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I might be a bit biased as I really don't like many movies outside supernatural comedies, and very few of those are romances, and even if they are, even fewer are non-comedy romances.

And so . . . I'd say stay as far away from this movie as possible. I didn't want to see it at all, but a friend of mine wanted to see it and I got dragged into it somehow. I thought it was horrible--and then my mom wanted to see it and I got to watch it TWICE in theaters.

It's all romantic fluff, which is good if you're into it, but it just got so overwhelming at times. The ending is really the clincher that just punches you in the face. It's not that I was caring about the characters with the sadness, but like Valley said, it was sappy. It just made you roll your eyes.

Of course, if you're choosing between A Walk to Remember and Just a Walk in the Park, pick A Walk to Remember as it can get much worse. [Wink]

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter is 18 and she loves this movie...it's nice to see her watch something outside the standard teen movie of the day.

A little sap is integral to the balance that is life -- as someone who normally disdains conventional cinema, it explains me watching "Steel Magnolias" for the 28th time.

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
piratemoviefan12
Master Rewinder
Member # 2715

- posted      Profile for piratemoviefan12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw it on TV. It's pretty good.
Posts: 133 | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluesky
Rewinder
Member # 2958

- posted      Profile for bluesky   Author's Homepage   Email bluesky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its pretty good i think u should watch it. im a sucker for sad movies i cry in alot of movies and that movie made ball into tears .
Posts: 35 | From: california | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home