iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Movie of the Day--It's Pat!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie of the Day--It's Pat!
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes that is right. This is a guilty pleasure movie of mine. I don't know why I find it so funny but I do. I love the cast Julia Sweeney as the ever androgynous Pat, Dave Foley as its sweetie Chris, and Charles Rocket as Kyle who becomes obsessed with finding out what Pat "really" is. Also starring Kathy Griffin as a neighbor who is easily annoyed by Pat.

In my opinion one of the funnier and unseen SNL features. It is a shame that we will never really know about Pat, but it will always be fun to keep on guessing.

Did anyone else like this 1994 flick?

PS What has ever happened to Julia Sweeney, I know she had cancer and did a one woman show about it, I think, or maybe her brother had cancer. Anyway I haven't seen her in anything in a really long time.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she had a small part in Pulp Fiction
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She did, as what? I just watched that the other day and I don't remember seeing her?
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Julia Sweeney plays the garage owner that Jules, Vincent & The Cleanup Guy take the bloody car to...a small part, but definitely in there towards the end.

After her cancer treatment, she created a one-woman retrospective of her brother's illness [he died of cancer while she was in treatment], her own illness, and the family dynamic...it was eventually filmed and I caught it on the Independent Film Channel...at the end, Quentin Tarantino comes on stage and gives her roses...he was then listed in the credits as "Directed by..."

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she's the girl at the salvage yard where The Wolf takes Vinnie and Jules to right before they go eat breakfast.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
Okay I remember her now. I knew she had cancer. Her show that she did was called God Said Ha!
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pat was a good SNL character for a skit...not sure it could be sustained for a whole movie, but it worked for many others.

"God Said Ha" was very touching...she worked through her own issues to present a humorous statement about making lemonade from lemons.

The last thing I saw her in was a "Sex in the City" episode where she played a nun with breast cancer.

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home