iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » They Might Be Giants

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: They Might Be Giants
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know these alternative funksters have been around since the late '80s, but I feel their heyday was the '90s so am posting this here.

I saw John & John last year in concert...it was a great show and such a mixed bag of audience...from high schoolers to we elder statesmen hipsters.

This is why I believe hipness is ageless...we are united in love of good music and a good time...who cares whether you're a student or a student of life when everyone is rockin' together?!

Now I'm bumming because they'll be signing CDs and doing a little performance at a bookstore in town this Sunday night and I have to leave for business that day out of town.

~Birdhouse in Your Soul

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I happen to really like They might be Giants. t's not that easy to get a lot of their stuff though.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I said, I had to leave for NYC that day and am trying to find out how it went...Borders isn't huge here and I know TMBG fans will drive to catch them that way. Have you ever seen the documentary on them...caught it on Sundance or Trio not long ago, those hardcore fans are like deadheads!
Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home