iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » goonies 2

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: goonies 2
darren
Senior Rewinder
Member # 709

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for darren   Email darren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i here there is gonna be a goonies 2,does anyone know anything about it ?
Posts: 59 | From: norwich norfolk uk | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
born in the eighties
Master Rewinder
Member # 627

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for born in the eighties   Email born in the eighties   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i surely hope not-theyll ruin the memory of a teen/adventure classick!!!
Posts: 109 | From: london | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
darren
Senior Rewinder
Member # 709

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for darren   Email darren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no they will not,they will just let a new generation in on the fun
Posts: 59 | From: norwich norfolk uk | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
starry_eyes_83
Rewind Curious
Member # 1140

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for starry_eyes_83   Email starry_eyes_83   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have to say that creating another goonies movie would most definitely rock the boat. As an die-hard fan of all things goonie...I'm torn as to whether it would be a good rocking or a very very bad rocking of the hypothetical boat. As long as they don't attempt to create another Sloth look-a-like...I think that would kill my very soul.

There are my two cents...happy monday...

Posts: 3 | From: Birmingham | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got the chance to read the revised script for GOONIES 2. It was ok. They were going to tell more of One Eyed Willy's story. The gang would be all grown up and coming back for Mikey's wedding. That's when they all get caught up in a new adventure. Chester Copperpot's grandson wants something that Mikey has that he believes belonged to his grandfather. So he begins to create problems for Mikey and the store he owns.(I believe its the skull Chester had around his neck when he died. Mikey took it after they found his body)The Fratelli's are angry because thier mother has died in jail(Anne Ramsey died of throat cancer 14 years ago)and are planning an escape. Well that's all I know but let me remind you THIS MAY NOT BE THE SCRIPT THAT THEY WILL USE!!! I just wanna make sure you know that. This script and story have been retooled many times over already. New writers have been brought in and so far no one has agreed to anything final as of yet. Anybody else know anything? I think that the only reason they are even thinking about a sequel is because The Goonies has generated such a cult following. That's why they want the original cast and not a bunch of new kids. I still haven't decided if this is a good idea or not. I'll wait to see the movie. :)
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
SHEGOTGAME
Master Rewinder
Member # 476

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SHEGOTGAME   Email SHEGOTGAME   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That script makes it sound like it's going to be a pretty cool movie. But the only thing that I'm concerned with is that the characters are going to be so much older and it just doesn't seem like it will be as much fun and adventurous with adults. I mean when they were kids they were so funny and cute, and Chunk...I mean come on, he's definitely not going to be the same! Those are the only big problems that I see about the movie. Don't get me wrong, I love Corey Feldman and Sean Astin and the other characters, but I just can't see them as the same curious and adventurous kids.
Posts: 228 | From: Elizabethtown, PA, USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
M80sgrl
Rewinder
Member # 332

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for M80sgrl   Author's Homepage   Email M80sgrl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i can't wait till a Goonies 2 comes out! i love the first one its one of my favorite movies. SHEGOTGAME, i agree, it won't be as adventurous with adults as it would be with kids but i would still love to see Corey Feldman in the movie he's my favorite actor besides River Phoenix. I also heard Samantha Mathis (River Phoenix's last girlfriend) is going to be in the film. They are still writing the script but Corey says hes really exited to be acting in a Goonies movie again it will bring back a lot of great memories.
Posts: 38 | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even though history has shown us that some sequels are bad, I really look forward to seeing the whole gang together again.
Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter182
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 431

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Peter182   Email Peter182   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a way i kinda got nothing aganst this film being made unless Steven spielberg, Richard Donner and the original cast take part in the film.
Personally i think they should do it the same way they brought out HOOK, the way they kept the magic alive was great.

Technically i dont think this film is ever gonna be made although there was a rumour goin round that Richard Donner was Location scouting a year ago but since then there hasnt really been any news of anything and it feels like this movie has been abandoned.
But to keep your hopes up there are some people on www.thegoonies.com message board actually writing some scripts for the sequel and i hear they should be finished soon, so i will enjoy reading them.

Goonies never say Die

Posts: 18 | From: Bristol, south west, England | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter182
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 431

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Peter182   Email Peter182   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kinda messed up the top of my msg so ignore the part that dont make sense lol
Cya

Posts: 18 | From: Bristol, south west, England | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
boubaker
Rewind Curious
Member # 630

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for boubaker   Email boubaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lifljh
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home