iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Welcome! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Welcome!
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should also add "Basic Instinct" and "Total Recall" to my list of 90s movies I like...bringing the total to an even 10.
Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter182
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 431

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Peter182   Email Peter182   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oooooooo Goodfellas is a well brilliant classic ermmmmmm ill try and think of a few more later on
Posts: 18 | From: Bristol, south west, England | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Bridgette Marie
Master Rewinder
Member # 88

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bridgette Marie   Email Bridgette Marie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I almost forgot to mention 1996's FoxFire with angelina jolie, I LOVE that movie.I've only seen it once and dont own it yet, I'm planning on getting the DVD, but it is definitely one of my faves. I love anything with a sincere "girls can be tough too" motif, especially when it's genuine and not too unrealistic like Charlies Angels and films like that. This film has a great script, a great soundtrack, and shows that woman can be butch and sexy at the same time. It's all about sticking together as women and standing up for yourself. I think this film was underexposed, but it's definitely an underrated gem that deserves a viewing.
Posts: 228 | Registered: Nov 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Brown Bear
Rewind Curious
Member # 90

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Brown Bear   Email Brown Bear   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm very proud of you Nick Alaway (and the superb team of writers), this site is fantasic. The best thing is the sense of community with like-minded movie-lovers. Any chance of a spin-off to 80's Television Shows?

Since most of you have mentioned some of my most favorite 90's flicks (Matrix
Shawshank, True Romance, Something about Mary, Sixth Sense, Pulp Fiction, Schindlers List), I would have to say that a few from this decade really pop out at me including Amelie and Monsoon Wedding. If you haven't seen these two, I would urge you to do so ASAP!

Posts: 2 | From: Oregon USA | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must now add another favorite to my list...

"DEMOLITION MAN"!

This was way action-packed, and hilarious to boot. To think that one day commercial jingles will be considered oldies...that's too funny.

Okay, I also liked "Casper", "Analyze This", "The Nutty Professor"...aw Heck, here's the revised list of:

rocksteadyflamethrower's Favorite 90s Movies:

-"Beauty And The Beast"
-"Silence Of The Lambs"
-"New Jack City"
-"Pretty Woman"
-"Sister Act"
-"Wayne's World"
-"Ghost"
-"Last Action Hero"
-"Basic Instinct"
-"Total Recall"
-"Demolition Man"
-"Casper"
-"Analyze This"
-"The Nutty Professor"
-"The Fugitive"
-"Schindler's List"
-"Bowfinger"
-"L.A Story"

Okay, NOW I THINK that's it. I could still bring a few more out, though.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...the Rock Steady Flamethrower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
M80sgrl
Rewinder
Member # 332

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for M80sgrl   Author's Homepage   Email M80sgrl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fav 90's Movies~
so many i kno i cant think of them all

-Clueless
-a very Brady sequel
-The brady bunch movie
-Beauty and the beast
-Titanic
-Romy and Michele's high school reunion
-Casper
-Beethoven
-IT
-All dogs go to heaven (was this made in the 90's?)
-Now and then
-Top gun
-Sleepers

so many more!

Posts: 38 | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of M80'sGirl's list:
quote:
Top Gun
All dogs go to heaven (was this made in the 90's?)

Sorry, but "Top Gun" is definitely an 80's movie, not the 90's.

But it makes me wonder: considering that movie was so extremely popular at the box office, why has there been no sequel? I would expected there would've been one made by now!

"All Dogs Go To Heaven" was released in 1989, but the sequel and TV series both came out in 1996.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home