iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Dark Shadows

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dark Shadows
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For years being a huge fan of old horror I had wanted to take the Dark Shadows plunge. Could never afford some of the seasons though. I recently bought the best of Barnabas, fan favorites and the Dark Shadows movie. I really dig it and try to watch an episode every few days. The complete series is beyond my budget but just want to know if certain seasons are better than others or what recommendations do you have?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, R., I wish life were longer--and I were richer--so that I could watch all 1,225 available episodes of Dark Shadows, a truly groundbreaking series. I've watched a few episodes here and there over the recent years, and I still marvel at how audacious the whole thing was. A horror soap opera which cribbed from the classics. You gotta love that! I would say that if you got the "Barnabas Collins years," the fan faves, and the two movies, you are probably doing as well as can be expected. As I recall, the first couple of seasons--pre-Barnabas--aren't quite as interesting, but it was still unique for being a Gothic soap opera. I wish MGM would spend the money to restore The Night of Dark Shadows, which was severely tinkered with right before release.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
April Fool
Senior Rewinder
Member # 37390

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for April Fool   Email April Fool   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just bought the 1st Volume of it, I watched some of it, but it was kind of hard to follow, I would like to try it again though.
Posts: 86 | Registered: Oct 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home