iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » The Last 70's Horror Movie You Watched is (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The Last 70's Horror Movie You Watched is
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thirst (1979)

This was an interesting and unique Australian horror thriller directed by Rod Hardy.
The movie stars Chantal Contouri, Shirley Cameron, Max Phipps, David Hemmings, Rod Mullinar, Henry Silva and Robert Thompson.

"The plot revolves around married professional Kate Davis (Contouri), who is kidnapped by a shadowy organization
known as 'The Brotherhood'. She is informed of her ancient lineage of descent from Báthory.
The Brotherhood have a hospital-like compound where they clinically 'bleed' brainwashed and hypnotised humans
and harvest and consume their blood. After Kate refuses to join, the cult give her hallucinogens
to break down her resistance." (Wikipedia)

Contouri is good and there are some truly brooding sequences where the cult try to break her resistance.
The score composed by Brian May was solid.

Thirst trailer

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
exorcist 2 the heretic

wasnt too bad till the end, then i dont know what the heck happened

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
linda blair was quite fetching in it though
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Toolbox Murders (1978)

Sick little video nasty directed by Dennis Donnelly [Smile]
Starring Cameron Mitchell, Pamelyn Ferdin, Wesley Eure, Nicolas Beauvy and Aneta Corsaut.

Pretty ladies, nasty kills and cool late 70s scenery.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And ofcourse Kelly Nichols !

I hope the fact that i know who that is, doesn't say too much about what i've been watching here. [Big Grin]

Having said that, check out Glitter (1983)!
It's worth it. Not only for Kelly Nichols, but also for the tragic Shauna Grant.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, Kelly Nichols was awesome and got a career based on this movie.
Never seen her XXX stuff though [Cool]

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Burnt Offerings (1976)

It was just ok for me. It somewhat reminded me of The Shining, which I am not really a fan of.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are You In The House Alone (1978)

Not bad... Cool to see a young Dennis Quaid in it.

It's on netflix instant streaming. [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Tentacles (1977)

This was a decent little horror flick inspired by the Jaws.
Tentacles was directed by Ovidio G. Assonitis and stars Bo Hopkins,
John Huston, Shelley Winters, Henry Fonda, Cesare Danova and Delia Boccardo.

I liked the cinematography but the film was too long, predictable and lacks blood and nudity [Wink]
One thing i didn´t guess was the killer whale vs. killer tentacle finale [Smile]

Tentacles trailer

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Gorgon, while second-tier Hammer, is a lot of fun. It gets high marks for creativity--trying to create a new classic monster--and role reversal with Lee as hero and Cushing as a sort-of-bad guy. And director John Gilling really tries to work up some atmosphere, despite the weak Gorgon make-up, which was laughable even by 60's standards, and the rickety, wobbly sets. It's not top 20 Hammer, that's for sure, but I always watch it when I stumble across it.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally caught up with Mario Bava's "5 Dolls for an August Moon" (1970). I had heard that it was not good and that Bava just did it as a work-for-hire. It wasn't even released in the U.S., which should tell you something. Not surprisingly, it's a mess. It's like the most boring version of Agatha Christie's "Ten Little Indians" ever--and doesn't make a lot of sense--though no movie can be completely awful with folks like William Berger and Edwige Fenech. (Was there ever a sexier Euro-starlet?) Everybody is attractive and dressed in the stylish fashions of the day, and the set decor screams swingin' 70s. The film also has an extra-cool soundtrack featuring a couple of jazzy organ cuts. Bava manages perhaps three good scenes or so, but he's already in his late-career overuse of the zoom lens. In fact, each of the nine despicable characters gets a zoom-in introduction. Yawn. Bava hated the film and called it his worst. I would nominate "Dr. Goldfoot and the Girl Bombs," but "5 Dolls" isn't much better. Still, for Bava fans, it's worth a look.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silentnight
Rewind Curious
Member # 37394

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for silentnight   Email silentnight   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Devonville Terror
Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Demon Seed (1977)

"A scientist creates Proteus--an organic super computer with artificial intelligence which becomes obsessed with human beings, and in particular the creators wife." (IMDb)

Man, this was good!
The film was based on the novel of the same name by Dean Koontz and i just love this dark 70s scifi atmosphere.

Julie Christie gives a great performance and Robert Vaughn is excellent as proteus´ voice. His best role ever? Could be.
Loved the old school sfx too. Recommended!

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
I agree! Demon Seed is somewhat sleazy, but good. Julie Christie gives it her all, and Robert Vaughn uses his great voice to chilling effect. And it was directed by the late, great Donald Cammell, a really artistic filmmaker, who didn't receive a lot of love in his lifetime, but in another 10 years or so, will be considered one of the best directors of the 1970s-80s. A lot of critics hammered this because of the outrageousness of the plot, but now, almost 40 years later, it doesn't seem that crazy.
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Dr. Tarr's Torture Dungeon a.k.a. Mansion Of Madness (1973)

,The story is set in a kind of kingdom of madness, established when the inmates of a vast and surreal insane asylum
lock up their keepers and enforce their own shocking hierarchy of activities and ideas'.

Loosely based on a story by Edgar Allan Poe, and heavily influenced by European art-films (most notably Fellini Satyricon),
there's lots of bizarre set-pieces and surreal imagery (and some goofball comedy too).. but hey, what else was there to expect
from Juan López Moctezuma, the man who produced Fando Y Lis (1968) and El Topo (1970) for Alejandro Jodorowsky,
and who went on to direct Alucarda (1975) !

Available on dvd from Mondo Macabro under its original Mansion Of Madness title.

Check out the trailer : www.youtube.com/watch?v=23pW9ipwMMc

[ 27. February 2017, 09:15: Message edited by: Johnny Roarke is reckless ]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
I like Moctezuma's Alucarda better, and Jodorowsky is one of my all-time favorite filmmakers. Santa Sangre is a masterpiece on so many levels.
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Night Stalker (1972)

"An abrasive Las Vegas newspaper reporter investigates a series of murders committed by a vampire."

Thumbs up. Definitely one of the best 'made for TV' movies I've seen.

I plan to watch "The Night Strangler" and also the TV series.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home