iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Fat Albert

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fat Albert
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone else love this show?? I know it is on vhs now through I think the Time Life company. I saw them do a segment on these guys on the I love the 70's, and I forgot how funny I thought Mush Mouth was on here. They should still show Fat Albert on Saturday mornings. It is Timeless.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, after just posting about Fat Albert, I did go check out www.timelife.com and I ordered Fat Albert on there. They have other shows on there, and they have movies on there, some are on clearance as low as $3.99-on vhs. I don't care what anybody says, I don't want them to phase out vhs, I think the tapes work better than dvds.

Columbia House has all the old shows that you can buy in the series. I have already got every Incredible Hulk episode in release, and I get Emergency! and Dukes of Hazzard and Wonder Woman, and now I am going to get Dallas, and Starsky and Hutch. So, that is great that at least anybody can get a hold of those great shows still.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sam hain2
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1964

- posted      Profile for sam hain2   Email sam hain2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fat Albert was awesome and I wish some cable network would show re-runs of this timeless classic.

I remember when SNL did a VH1 Behind the Music parody on Fat Albert and the Junkyard band, way too funny.

Posts: 999 | From: Bismarck, ND | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to love that show. To this day me and my best friend make references to fat Albert. Remember thier diss "Your like school in summertime...No Class!" and also the guy who talked like "Imma comma overr derrra Fattta Albert" hahahahaha!!! Y'know if they made a show like that now people would scream "RACIST!!!!!"
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh one more thing,isis: "LA LA LA GONNA HAVE A GOOD TIME!!!! LA LA LA GONNA HAVE A GOOD TIME!!!!"
(I actually downloaded that song from Kazaa.)

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
That was Mush Mouth that talked like that, that was hilarious. What the heck was on Weird Harold's head, was it a hat- was his name Harold or Donald? The guy that wore the pink thing with his eyes cut out, that has been a mystery my whole life, and people talk about it, but I have never once heard an explaination for it.

It was awesome, because Bill Cosby always had a message in it about friendship, and I always liked when he said, and you may learn a thing or 2 before it's all through.... I like the songs they sang too.

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
As an adult Im gonna say that was a pink thing on his head was a HAT. As a child...who knew...it always reminded me of bubble gum. I also remember Rudy was the smart-a** in the group. Ah now ya got me wanting to see it again! hahaha.
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
p.s: And I DO remember learning little lessons from watching that show! It was like a condensed version of an afterschool special: oooh Fat Albert says "No" to drugs. Ooooh stealing is wrong. AND you got a musical number thrown in. What more could you ask for in one 25 minute show????
WUKILLABEEZ78
Rewind Curious
Member # 2290

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for WUKILLABEEZ78   Email WUKILLABEEZ78   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fat albert was great, i wish they had it on dvd
Posts: 6 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Just by chance I had SOUTH PARK on the other night and they were doing a parody of Fat Albert called Fat Abbott.
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i remember reading that forest whitaker was going to do fat albert the movie but the idea went down the drain quickly due to some kind of conflict with some one, don't know who or why.

i really enjoyed the cartoon, but sadly...never saw that many episodes. i would love to see it again, if they would show it on cable.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home