iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 88)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
 -

Ooh.. Dutch cover !! [Smile]
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ill bring the ammo Pittsburghgirl.

Loved Bad Boys. Underrated film.

Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll bring the guns, the drugs and the fire trucks [Big Grin]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll invite the gang from Revenge Of The Ninja ! [Big Grin]

-

Seriously, these guys can't be accused of discrimination. I mean, there's a black guy. an indian,
an oriental guy, and a redneck cowboy. The one thing that worries me though is that they're hanging out
at a children's playground. What's up with that ?!! The south Bronx got too hardcore for these guys, or what ?? [Big Grin]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter Lemonjello
Master Rewinder
Member # 37395

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Peter Lemonjello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember watching Revenge of the Ninja for the first time as a kid, and really digging it.... then... enter the Village People! I stopped taking the movie seriously after that. Not that it wasn't jam packed with typical Cannon ninja cheese up until that point, but that was the breaking point.
Posts: 141 | From: The Belle Isle | Registered: Nov 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
I listened to the commentary track which was included on the blu-ray release that came out earlier this year..
Turns out that the guy playing the cowboy thug, Steven Lambert, was in fact also the stunt-coordinator on
both this as well as Ninja III; The Domination and American Ninja !

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ill bring the ammo Pittsburghgirl.

Loved Bad Boys. Underrated film.

Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

The village people

Vs

The sesame Street gang

-

Who would win this battle
Of the muppets?

[ 24. November 2015, 12:28: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember Defiance. We have it on VHS. I remember my husband was so stoked for me to watch it with him. It was the Jan Michael Vincent thing😋 Also, Tony Sirico aka Pauly Walnuts from the Sopranos had a tiny part. I remember seeing him in the one scen and yelling "hey, it's Pauly Walnuts!". My hubby had no idea what I was talking about, as he hadn't watched the Sopranos yet.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
Who would win this battle
Of the muppets?

Evil Bert alone could make all four of the Village clan run home screaming for their mommies
just by looking at them ! [Big Grin]

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
I once read an interview with director John Flynn in which he shared some memories of filming Defiance.
Apparently Jan-Michael Vincent already had an alcohol problem in those days, but he was still reliable,
showing up in time, and doing what he had to, and doing it good !

Defiance is a solid B-movie with above average acting, some character development, and a good soundtrack.

Yeah, i like it ! [Smile]

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched 100 Rifles (1969) and Whiskey Sam (1969).

The first one was an entertaining western set in Mexico starring Jim Brown, Raquel Welch and Burt Reynolds.
The plot is pretty simple but there´s lots of action, shooting and violence. Raquel looks stunning but i bet she always does.
There´s a love scene between Welch and Brown. IMDb says that this movie was apparently one of the first movies to feature a sex scene between people of different races.

Whiskey Sam was mediocre heist flick also set in the wild west starring Reynolds, Angie D1ckinson, Ossie Davis and Clint Walker.
Very slow moving film with some (mostly poor) humour thrown in.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

The other week i watched the excellent 1978 Walter hill thriller - the driver starring Ryan O'Neal and Bruce dern,for some reason I thought I'd never seen this one before but when I started watching it it all came flooding back to me, I've definitely watched it at some point!

Great little thriller this with a cool central performance from O'Neal as the getaway driver and also from Bruce dern as a really slimy crooked cop,tense and realistic car chases especially the finale chase which lasts a good 15-20 minutes and there's also a neat little twist in the tale.

Watched this on the UK studio canal blu ray release and for a movie that dates back to 1978 it looks and sounds terrific.

https://youtu.be/Bmn4GNfiCDs - the driver trailer.

Highly recommended 8/10.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Boy Who Turned Yellow - Well, that was one of the oddest kids films I've seen lol

-

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Impasse (1969) starring Burt Reynolds.

Pretty average stuff but it´s set in the Philippines and i like those exotic locations.
Reynolds is by the far the best actor in this action adventure. A team search for hidden WWII gold, however most of the time they just wander around Manilla.
Very pretty Miko Mayama also stars, she was Reynold´s girlfriend at the time.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Watched Fuzz (1972)

It was a good cop movie with lots of humour and lively characters.
Loved the cast and the early 70s feel. Fuzz was shot in Boston and i found that refreshing. Nice little film.

-

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
The Boy Who Turned Yellow - Well, that was one of the oddest kids films I've seen lol

-

what's it about helen - toxic waste?

fuzz looks like a lot of fun atomik.

[ 18. December 2015, 18:34: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Watched Shamus (1973).

"New York private eye Shamus McCoy likes girls, drink and gambling, but by the look of his flat business can't be too hot.
So an offer of $10,000 to finds some diamonds stolen in a daring raid with a flame-thrower is too good to miss.
His investigations soon get pretty complicated and rather too dangerous. At least along the way he does get to meet Alexis." (IMDb)

Nice premise but not a very good movie, i´m afraid.
Reynolds did what he could (he even did his own stunts and hurt his back) but the plot goes nowhere and the characters are uninteresting.
Co-starring Dyan Cannon, Joe Santos, Larry Block and criminally underused John P. Ryan.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
One 70s Reynolds flick that I do like the look off is - hustle which is directed by Robert aldrich,do you own that one atomik?
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I do own Hustle, need to check out White Lightning and The Longest Yard before that one.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
one quick question atomik does this burt reynolds movie marathon mean your going to torture yourself once more by sitting through city heat again?

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
 -

Ooh.. Dutch cover !! [Smile]
This looks pretty interesting but what's with the floating head up in the corner [Confused] [Big Grin]

[ 18. December 2015, 18:32: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Haha no, i´m not going to watch City Heat again [Smile]

Woodward is probably the only "real" star in this tv-movie so they had to put her there but yeah, it looks like a ghost.
You can see that someone draw it after this (Finnish etc.) vhs cover art. Btw, i just bought the film [Cool]

-

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched Psycho (1960). Anthony Perkins is in fine form in this one.

So sad that he died of AIDS. Nobody deserves to go out like that.

Bad luck ran in this family. His wife Berry Berenson was on board American Airlines Flight 11 which was one of the planes that crashed into the World Trade Centre. This happened 1 day before the 9th anniversary of Perkins' death.

I don't believe in fate but this makes you wonder.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Really great actor Bernie,yeah I'd read about his wife being a victim of the 9/11 attacks,very sad

still to this day i can't believe that some Hollywood exec green lit the psycho remake in 1998 with Vince Vaughn,that was doomed to failure from the word go.

There's only one nutty Norman in my eyes and that will always be Anthony Perkins!

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Not to mention Anne Heche who you just look forward to seeing getting knifed to death. Can't stand her.
  This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home