iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 87)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
Peter Lemonjello
Master Rewinder
Member # 37395

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Peter Lemonjello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hadn't even noticed, nor have I any idea how that works... but I appreciate the kudos, or whatever it should be interpreted as [Smile]
Posts: 141 | From: The Belle Isle | Registered: Nov 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Peter Lemenjello probably has an alias who gave him the rating. My suspicions lead me to believe that it might be Claude Henry Smoot [Big Grin]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
Bernie Lomax, I still love it after all these years. Michael Beck was so handsome too!

I reckon I only saw The Warriors for the first time in the late 90s. It was on TV one night and then my brother and I hunted down a VHS copy shortly after.

Michael Beck was really good in it. I thought David Patrick Kelly and James Remar were also very good. I think Ajax (Remar) could have taken Swan (Beck) in real life. I am surprised that Beck's career didn't really eventuate. James Remar went onto at least a half decent career. I also have seen David Patrick Kelly in a lot more than Beck.

Great movie! Can't get enough.

My email address has been ac.turnbull@hotmail.com for years.

We just heard from The Turnbulls. They blew it [Smile]

The perfect New York gang movie. The Wanderers is also another classic.

[ 22. November 2015, 17:45: Message edited by: Bernie_Lomax ]

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never seen The Wanderers, will have to look for it. I was reading something about that time period being about "gang" movies, and they included Boulevard Nights. I remember watching it a few years back on TCM. It was different. The cars are what made the movie.
I am surprised, too, that Michael Beck's career seemed to fizzle out, especially after Houston Knights, and the end of the 80's. James Remar has had a long successful career as a character actor. I think more people started to recognize him after his stint on Sex and the City, and then playing Dexter's dead Father on Dexter.

Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
P.S. I would love to have a Warriors vest!
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
The Wanderers is very good. I highly recommend it. Its totally different to The Warriors though but really good still. Both movies were made in 79 although I think The Wanderers was set in 1963.

James Remar is awesome! I just checked out his movies. I had no idea he was in so many movies. I have seen him a fair few but didn't realise his catalogue was that extensive.

In The Warriors, I would have liked to have seen Ajax make it to the end of the movie instead of being hauled off by the cops or reappearing towards the end suggesting that he somehow got away.

Hmmm, where can we get some Warriors vests from to start our own gang?

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TerdNthePoolGGB:
I agree with you all. The Warriors is a classic and a piece of the Furies memorabilia would be sweet to have like Peter Lemonjello has.

I thought Megaforce was stupid.

I have many copies of Blackout Warrior. Didn't know it was a Craven flick. Sounds like its a must see.

It's not blackout that's the wes craven's flick terdnthepoolggb its the other film I mentioned in the post called - chiller

-

This is probably what I look like at moment its freezing here in the UK!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snowed all weekend here so it´s white white white everywhere!

Just added 5 stars for Mr. Lemonjello. Would have done the same for Mr. Terd but there seems to be some problems [Wink]
You guys keep the site alive so thanks for that!

The Wanderers rocks! I need to rewatch both of these gang classics.
I still remember the first time i watched The Wanderers, my grandparents house during one of our movie weekends, around ´86-´87. Those were the days!

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Nice and warm here in Australia [Big Grin]

Mind you I would actually like to experience a snowy winter. Just once [Smile]

Anyone know of any other good gang movies from around this time? Say mid 70s to mid 80s or late 70s to late 80s?

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3:15, Colors, Class of 1984, Band of the Hand, The New Kids, Outsiders and Rumble Fish come to mind but not even all of those are "true" gang films.
I also own ´76 film called Cat Murkil and the Silks but haven´t watched it yet.

-

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Out of what you mentioned aTomiK, I don't really like Colors, The Outsiders or Rumble Fish.

Thes rest I have not seen. I looked up some reviews and perhaps the most promising ones might be Band of the Hand, The New Kids (this one looks the most interesting to me) and it looks like Class of 1984 seems to be perhaps a cheesy movie but worth checking out. I remember seeing this movie on the shelves at the video store countless times back in the day but never grabbed it for whatever reason. 3:15 looks like it got slammed but I think I might check it out anyway because it sounds gritty.

Thanks for the input. I will endeavour to check these out [Wink]

Peter Lemonjello
Master Rewinder
Member # 37395

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Peter Lemonjello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been looking for a copy of Band of the Hand since forever... and 3:15 too for that matter. No dvds, but at least a clean vhs, but nothing so far.

Thanks for the star rating Atomik. I think everyone who contributes here should get an automatic 5 star rating. The heydays of niche web forums are now, sadly, long behind us. Modern "social media" took care of that. Honestly I think the real social media was forum like this from the previous decade... but that's just me.

Posts: 141 | From: The Belle Isle | Registered: Nov 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
This place is neat. It's not a popularity contest. Just a bunch of people chatting about the movies they like and dislike. It's certainly a unique website.
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Earth Vs The Flying Saucers (1956) [Big Grin]

-

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
Anyone know of any other good gang movies from around this time? Say mid 70s to mid 80s or late 70s to late 80s?

-

Switchblade Sisters (1975)

Classic exploitation.. Essential viewing ! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I've got - band of the hand on what I think is a Dutch dvd,it's a really fun film,very Miami vice influenced,not sure if this disc is still available but its in wide-screen and it looks pretty decent!

The new kids I absolutely love as I do - class of 1984,savage streets is another cool one Bernie worth checking out as is 3:15,also dangerously close is not bad either.

Enemy territory is another one dealing with gang violence if you can get your hands on it and also you got - the principal which like like the - class of 1984 and - savage streets deals with gangs in high school's.

-

[ 23. November 2015, 16:48: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter Lemonjello
Master Rewinder
Member # 37395

Member Rated:
Cool, yeah I just checked Ebay and apparently there are several DVD versions of BOTH out on the market now.

Two more gang films of the hispanic L.A. Cholo variety are BOULEVARD NIGHTS, a really good and moving film. And the less impressive, yet still entertaining, WALK PROUD, which is more a gangland romance tale. If you just want "youth gone wild" I can't recommend OVER THE EDGE enough. All three films from 1979.

[ 23. November 2015, 17:13: Message edited by: Peter Lemonjello ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

And if your into really hardcore gang violence bernie there's always the sesame Street gang!

never seen boulevard nights,walk proud or on the edge johnny,i'll have a good look out for them.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, they look seriously angry ! [Big Grin]

How about Roberta Findlay's Tenement (1985) a.k.a. Game Of Survival :

-

And Warrior, indeed you've got the Dutch Band Of The Hand dvd there.
I think it's been out-of-print for quite some time now.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Never seen tenement johnny but it's another one I've heard countless things about mostly concerning the amount of violence in it!

-

Also there's the brilliant - bad boys starring Sean Penn which starts off with Penn's petty street gang activities and leads onto him being put in the slammer where of course you get your prison gang violence.

Really awesome movie this for anyone who's never got around to seeing it,definitely worth checking out!

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Good one, Warrior ! [Smile]

And let's not forget this mean looking bunch of street thugs :

-

from Defiance (1980)

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Young warrior, I think we need to have a "gang" themed movie night at your place! I'll bring the beer,someone else bring the popcorn and chips!
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Good ones there fellas, i have all of those except Boulevard Nights. Haven´t watched Tenement yet.
Few more: the obvious ones Young Warriors, Streets of Fire and Assault on Precinct 13, tv-movie The Streets of L.A. (1979),
Mission Hill (1982, more drama oriented), Vigilante (1983) and the first three Death Wish films.

-

Peter Lemonjello
Master Rewinder
Member # 37395

Member Rated:
Found Tenement laughably bad. I can enjoy B-movie trash, but there's a limit.
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Peter Lemonjello:
Found Tenement laughably bad. I can enjoy B-movie trash, but there's a limit.

Well, yeah.. It's Roberta Findlay, so what did you expect ? [Big Grin] [Razz]
  This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home