iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 82)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

They definitely seemed to have had a very rocky relationship Eastwood and Sondra Locke,I'm sure I've read a few articles over the years where it mentions that she has tried to take him through the courts a few times suing him for millions of dollars!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"A mysterious creature from another planet, resembling a giant blob of jelly, lands on earth. The people of a nearby small town refuse to listen to some teenagers who have witnessed the blob's destructive power. In the meantime, the blob just keeps on getting bigger."

The Blob (1958)

I liked it, but I prefer the remake.  -

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember my Dad saying how unattractive he thought Sondra Locke was. Clint sure has had quite a different collection of girlfriends and wives. Blondes, brunettes, redheads, he doesn't seem to have a preference. His latest ex-wife is Hispanic. He is now dating a much younger woman.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, IMO Sondra Locke is not very attractive at all.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Did anyone ever see this 1986 drama - ratboy that Sondra Locke directed and if so is it worth checking out?

By the way ratboy is the one on the left [Big Grin]

[ 12. June 2015, 06:57: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't realise that Luis Suárez was in films before he went into football [Big Grin]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I never thought about that Bernie it could be based on his life story or something
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
The Luis Suárez story: A mutant rat/human hybrid makes its way from the dumpsters of L.A. onto the international soccer scene.

I could imagine pitching this to all the major Hollywood production companies and them going to war with each other to land the movie [Roll Eyes]

Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
By the way ratboy is the one on the left [Big Grin]

Oh no you didn't! LOL
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I very much doubt it but I pray to god Sondra Locke or come to that Luis Suarez never visit our site forum as I think that they would look something like this - [Mad] [Mad]

-
No actually on second thoughts it probably would be more like this

[ 12. June 2015, 07:39: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Clint's movies from the 60s,70s,80s I can more or less remember most of them scene for scene,some of his later works though such as true crime,absolute power,blood work,space cowboys etc even though I've seen a couple of them a few times over seem nothing but a vague memory.

I think there all decent movies but for me I'd have to say definitely not as memorable.

Or maybe I just need to give them a bit more of a chance!

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched a whole bunch lately!

Nosferatu The Vampyre (1979) - One of the few remakes that I can say is exceptional.

Vampyres: Daughters Of Darkness - I could do without the smut but other than that it really is grand. Terrific atmosphere, beautiful old settings and some quite disturbing attacking scenes.

Werewolves on Wheels - Where has this film been all my life. Bikers, satanists, werewolves (well one haha) equals 90 minutes of joy [Big Grin] I recognised one of the lines straight away, it's played at the start of Rob Zombie's Sick Bubblegum lol

Also watched The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Shock Treatment. While Shock is nowhere near as good as Rocky I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as many say. It's a laugh.

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Also watched The Wild One (1953) Made me think of Rumble Fish at times.

And a load of fun cheese, The Giants Of Thessaly (1960), The Bandit Of Sherwood Forest (1946), The Son Of Robin Hood (1958), Robin and the Seven Hoods (1964) and The Hand (1960)

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Oh and the one dud, One Frightened Night (1935) - I usually like these old murder mysteries but this was just dull.
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In honor of Christopher Lee's great body of work, I finally caught up with a film that has eluded me for decades, Hannie Caulder (1971), produced by UK exploitation factory Tigon. Man, what a cool Western with a great little part for Lee as a Confederate gunsmith living in Mexico. Raquel Welch isn't much of an actress, but she's quite good here, perhaps her career-best performance. She's abetted by Robert Culp as a bespectacled, thoughtful bounty hunter. Quentin Tarantino loves this movie and says that Culp is sensational. Tarantino's right. Culp really is terrific, almost the prototype of the bounty hunter played by the Christoph Waltz in Django Unchained. And apart from Diana Dors in a cameo as a madame, how can you go wrong with Ernest Borgnine, Jack Elam, and Strother Martin as villains? As you said, Helen, "Where has this film been all my life?" LOL What would you call it? Not a spaghetti Western, but perhaps a bangers-and-mash Western? [Smile]

[ 15. June 2015, 09:09: Message edited by: Crash ]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Bangers and mash western, LOL, love that! [Big Grin]
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
I wish I could take credit for that, but I read it somewhere in a Hannie Caulder review. [Smile]
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"A Greek tycoon's mistress tries to track down and find her ex-World War II lover." (IMDb)

Watched The Other Side of Midnight (1977) few days ago and found it surprisingly good.
It was directed by Charles Jarrott and the story is based on Sidney Sheldon's 1973 novel of the same name.

This is a long film, almost three hours but i enjoyed watching how lovely Marie-France Pisier uses her body to get what she wants.
She´s a really beautiful actress who wasn´t afraid to show some skin.
This was her first English language movie. The other stars are John Beck, Susan Sarandon, Raf Vallone and Clu Gulager.
The movie was shot in France, USA and Greece. I liked the story (the bathtub scene was shocking), only the final twist was unnecessary.

[ 15. June 2015, 23:35: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Satan's Slave - Terror aside, I really do enjoy Norman J. Warren's cheap and cheerful horror films with this one being my favourite. It's so grimy, the story and characters are totally warped and it has some really good gore scenes. Plus the ending is fab! I cheer [Razz]

Something Evil - I can see why I'd forgotten I'd even seen this Spielberg film, yawn.

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Yeah, Norman J. Warren always made up in enthusiasm what he lacked in money. Satan's Slave is my favorite of his stuff too. [Smile]
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Watched Every Which Way But Loose (1978) couple of days ago.
I think that it´s a fun film. Doesn´t have much plot but there´s lots of funny characters and a nice easygoing feel.
So, what´s the worst part of the film? You guessed it: Sondra Locke. And she sings too [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
This was on TV a couple of days ago here in OZ.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
House of the Damned (1963) Like a cross between The House On Haunted Hill and Freaks. It had some nice moments but the ending was beyond blah.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I'm going to see Psycho with a live orchestra in October. Too excited! [Big Grin]
  This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home