iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Play misty for me....(that was the film I saw...not a request)
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched the end of Deliverence the other night, and I have always wanted to know...at the end, when they find their friend in the water...how did his arm get over his shoulder like that? (I know he's dead in the movie)-but in real life-it either had to be fake...but I looked and looked at him, and thought it sure didn't look it...or he was double jointed...because there's no way he could do that.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Blackboard Jungle (1955) B/W 7.5/10

Glenn Ford
Anne Francis
Sidney Poitier
Vic Morrow
Jameel Farah (Jamie Farr)

Richard Brooks--Director

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Young Frankenstein

I saw this recently on Blu-ray. Great film, with tons of memorable quotes.

The transfer to Blu-ray is very good -- the PQ & SQ are far better than could be expected.

Film: 8.5/10
PQ:7
SQ:7

[From inside the haycart]
Inga: Hallo. Vould you like a roll in ze hay?
[Dr. Frankenstein stutters]
Inga: It's fun.
[She begins to roll in the hay]
Inga: Roll, roll, roll in ze hay.

Igor: Dr. Frankenstein... .
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: "Fronkensteen."
Igor: You're putting me on.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: No, it's pronounced "Fronkensteen."
Igor: Do you also say "Froaderick"?
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: No... .”Frederick."
Igor: Well, why isn't it "Froaderick Fronkensteen"?
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: It isn't; it's "Frederick Fronkensteen."
Igor: I see.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: You must be Igor.
[He pronounces it ee-gor]
Igor: No, it's pronounced "eye-gor."
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: But they told me it was "ee-gor."
Igor: Well, they were wrong then, weren't they?

[ 19. October 2008, 02:59: Message edited by: J2ME ]

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sam 'The Made Man' Hain:
The Blackboard Jungle (1955) B/W 7.5/10

Glenn Ford
Anne Francis
Sidney Poitier
Vic Morrow
Jameel Farah (Jamie Farr)

Richard Brooks--Director

...and it also featured an early acting performance by a young Paul Mazursky, who became a leading writer-director in the late 1960s to today. His filmmaking credits include Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice, An Unmarried Woman, Harry & Tonto, Moscow On The Hudson, and many others.

[ 18. October 2008, 18:25: Message edited by: StevenHW ]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Witness For The Prosecution (1957) B/W 8/10

Tyrone Power
Marlene Dietrich
Charles Laughton

Billy Wilder--Director

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Village of the Damned (1960) B/W 6.5/10
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Day The Earth Stood Still 1951.

Very good flick! 8/10

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

quote:
Originally posted by jdocster:

Very good flick! 8/10

Very good movie that addresses the cold war in a science fiction matter

Klaatu Barada Nikto

The remake coming out this year is getting a lot of publicity

StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J2ME:
Young Frankenstein

I saw this recently on Blu-ray. Great film, with tons of memorable quotes...

Agreed! A comedy classic!

There's also a Broadway version of the movie right now.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J2ME:
Young Frankenstein

Me too!

"PUT... ZER CANDLE.... BACK!"

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Rebecca (1940) B/W 6.5/10

Laurence Olivier
Joan Fontaine

Alfred Hitchc0ck--Director

David O Selznick--Producer

[ 21. October 2008, 00:56: Message edited by: Sam 'The Made Man' Hain ]

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster:

Very good flick! 8/10

Very good movie that addresses the cold war in a science fiction matter

Klaatu Barada Nikto

The remake coming out this year is getting a lot of publicity

I didn't know they were doing a remake of this. It's funny that you remembered the "alien" language.. [Smile] Billy Gray (Father knows best) played the kid. Sam Jaffe played the professor. He's got this Dr. Emmet Brown "wild-eyed" look to him.

Here's the movie, and, check out the website. It has all kinds of other movies and shows. I'm going to submit a posting just for this website.
http://www.nowchannel.com/dvd/view/?q=B00005JKFR

Klaatu barada nikto! [Smile]

- jdocster

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Rebecca (1940) B/W 6.5/10

Laurence Olivier
Joan Fontaine

Alfred Hitchc0ck--Director

David O Selznick--Producer

Oh I adore Rebecca, my fave Hitchc0ck film [Smile]

I last watched Vertigo (1958) and my fave werewolf film, Werewolf Of London (1935).

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimpickens
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5801

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jimpickens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wicked Wicked, Eaten Alive, Texas Chainsaw massacre the original, Young Frankenstein, Halloween original, Black Ceaser, and Coffy.
Posts: 64 | From: weston,wv | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Citizen Kane (1941) B/W 8/10

Orson Welles
Joseph Cotten

Orson Welles--Director, Producer, Writer

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sam, you only gave rebecca a 6.5 out of 10? i love that movie. [Smile]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

SPOILERS on Rebecca

I really was liking the movie too until the very end. I found the ending to be unsatisfying. I'm not complaining because it didn't end how I felt it should have I like movies that surprise me. I just didn't like how the movie ended with the mansion on fire and Mrs. Danvers burning up with it.

I also felt that it was pretty obvious early on that Laurence Olivier had something to do with Rebecca's death.

I did like how we found out that Rebecca's cousin was the father of her child; that was totally wicked for 1940. The implied lesbian affair between rebecca and Mrs. danvers was also pretty cool.

If the ending would have been better in my eyes my score would be much higher but in my eyes it was too much of a letdown.

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so true sammy...

******spoiler*******

the relationship with the cousin and the obsession with mrs. danvers sure did creep me out and surprise me for a movies made the 40's.

and i agree about the ending. it was a bit dragged on and on with the truth coming out and then the mansion just burned down.. kinda cuts you off huh?

oh well, still a good movie. i adore joan fontaine.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

The Circus (1928) B/W Silent 9/10

Charlie Chaplin
Merna Kennedy

Charlie Chaplin--Director, Writer and Producer

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

The Public Enemy (1931) B/W 8/10

James Cagney
Jean Harlow

William A Wellman--Director

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Invisible Stripes (1939) B/W 6/10

George Raft
William Holden
Humphrey Bogart

Lloyd Bacon--Director

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

The Amazing Dr. Clitterhouse (1938) B/W 6/10

Edward G Robinson
Humphrey Bogart
Claire Trevor

Anatole Litvak--Director

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Sunset Boulevard (1950) B/W 9/10

William Holden
Gloria Swanson

Billy Wilder--Writer, Director
Charles Brackett--Writer, Producer

Mr. Demille, I'm ready for my closeup

pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Play Misty for Me--Damn she was one psycho bitch!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home