iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 75)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Fourth Wish (1975). John Meillon, Robert Bettles, Robyn Nevin, Michael Craig, Cul Cullen, Ron Haddrick, Brian Anderson, Julie Dawson, Anne Haddy and Vivean Gray. A single father from Adelaide learns that his son has fatal leukemia and tries to achieve the latter's last three wishes.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two-Lane Blacktop (1971)

Not a bad 70's car flick.

It was only in the last 20 minutes that I realised the main actor was James Taylor. It's funny cos I recognised him because he was wearing the same green jumper he wears in some live performances.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Jackson County Jail (1976)

This was an excellent crime flick directed by Michael Miller (Silent Rage)
The film was produced by Roger Corman and stars Yvette Mimieux and Tommy Lee Jones.
You can also see lots of familiar faces as co-stars.

Mimieux and Jones give fantastic performances. If you like gritty 70s crime movies, check it out!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Caged Heat (1974)

This was an entertaining WIP flick directed by Jonathan Demme (Something Wild, The Silence of the Lambs)
Another future great Tak Fujimoto (Ferris etc.) handled the cinematography.

The wicked and wonderful cast includes Erica Gavin (love her also in Russ Meyers Vixen), Ella Reid,
Cheryl "Rainbeaux" Smith, Roberta Collins, Juanita Brown, Warren Miller and Barbara Steele.

While not quite the classic many people say, i liked this one very much.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for harry2   Email harry2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Internecine Project (1974). James Coburn stars as a former secret agent who is about to be promoted to an advisor for the US government. However he needs to dispose of four people who know his shady past. He developes an intricate scheme whereby each person kills another on the list, whilst he sits at home overseeing the murders. There are a few interruptions and complications along the way, but thinking he has cleaned up his shady past he receives a package which contains a notebook from one of the people that he had killed. Inside the notebook there was a message that Coburn wasn't to be trusted and the pages contained a poison. Set in early 70 s London and co-starring Lee Grant, Harry Andrews, Ian Hendry, Michael Jayston. Well worth a look.
Posts: 136 | From: The Royal County | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sounds interesting!
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Sinbad and the Eye of The Tiger (1977)

Sinbad The Sailor sails to deliver a cursed prince to a dangerous island in the face of deadly opposition from a powerful witch. -- IMDb

One of my childhood favourites.

I don't remember much about 7th/Golden Voyage, so look forward to checking them out.

-

Sinbad (Patrick Wayne) / Princess Farah (Jane Seymour)

-

Melanthius (Patrick Troughton) / Dione (Taryn Power)

Booooo..  -

-

Kafi (Kurt Christian) / Zenobia (Margaret Whiting)

The magic of Ray Harryhausen:

-  -  -

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]

Witchfinder General (1968) [Big Grin]

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I need to get the Sinbad flicks.

Witchfinder General rocks!

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Finally watched Day of the Woman (1978) aka I Spit on Your Grave.

Very disturbing yes but i thought that it was pretty well made knowing that the budget was very limited.

Camille Keaton was excellent and now i want to see her other films.
Anyone seen her 70s italian movies?

I´m also going to check out the sequel soon.

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have What Have You Done To Solange (1972), a good but downbeat, British set giallo, and Tragic Ceremony (1973),
an atmospheric gothic horror story directed by horror great Ricardo Freda.

Both may not be the very best that Italian genre cinema has to offer, but they're both well above average
and definitely worth a look !

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Zoltan, Hound Of Dracula - Erm, I liked the fun first ten minutes.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The posters great tho  -

-

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Some Hammers, Demons of the mind, Straight on till morning and To The Devil A Daughter [Smile]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
One of my top 5 Hammers Countess Dracula and the fab Freaks (1932)

-

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love watching Hammer's Lust For A Vampire every couple of years or so..
It has this dream-like atmosphere which i really like.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Yeah, that one gets a bit of stick but I like it and the song haha [Smile]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Embryo - Oh gee, I was enjoying this for the first half an hour or so but then was waiting for something more to happen but it never came till the very end. Snoozeville.
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

The Raven (1963)

Highly entertaining horror farce starring horror icons Vincent Price, Boris Karloff, Peter Lorre,
Hazel Court, and a young Jack Nicholson, stylishly directed by Roger Corman.
Written by Richard Matheson based on a story by Edgar Allan Poe.

The climatic showdown between Price and Karloff is hilarious !
Check it out : www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKm7NloL8bA

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Yay Johnny, never leave me here alone [Big Grin]
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
I'll battle every page of spam to find my way back to either this, or the giallo thread ! [Big Grin]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 -
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Talking about Vincent Price, Shout! Factory has announced they will release a Vincent Price blu-ray collection box
on october 22nd, almost exactly twenty years after he passed away.
The box will include Fall Of The House Of Usher, The Haunted Palace, Masque Of The Red Death, Witchfinder General,
The Pit And The Pendulum, and The Abominable Dr. Phibes.

Kowalski
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8412

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kowalski   Email Kowalski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dr. strangelove or how i learned to stop worrying and love the bomb
Posts: 357 | From: Ireland | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kowalski
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8412

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kowalski   Email Kowalski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bananas
Posts: 357 | From: Ireland | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home