iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 74)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now you gonna go all the way down about half a block and you'll see a Torino with no wheels on it. Now inside that Torino is my cousin Jack.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Coma (1978)

"A young woman doctor discovers something sinister going on in her hospital.
Relatively healthy patients are having 'complications' during simple operations and ending up in comas.
The patients are then shipped off to an institute that looks after them.
The young doctor suspects there is more to this than meets the eye." (IMDb)

This was a good thriller directed by Michael Crichton and based on a novel written by Robin Cook.
The movie stars Genevičve Bujold, Michael Douglas, Richard Widmark, Rip Torn and Elizabeth Ashley.
You can also see Tom Selleck in a small role as one of the patients.

Nice cast, good mystery atmosphere and eerie Boston Memorial Hospital/Jefferson Institute hallways.
While the ending felt a bit too easy, i recommend this enjoyable late 70s thriller!

Coma trailer

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds good!
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Helen, you've never seen Coma ?  -
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coma is a good 70's thriller, very solid, well acted. Genevieve Bujold is always a pleasure to watch, and Michael Crichton moves it all along pretty well. I have not seen the recent U.S. A&E TV network remake, but I can't imagine that it would be an improvement.

[ 19. March 2013, 16:04: Message edited by: Crash ]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for harry2   Email harry2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coma is one of my favourites, Genevieve Bujold much underrated actress. Probably the best of Crichtons films, even Jurassic Park.

Just watched Adventures Of A Taxi Driver, mid seventies sex comedy, not bad at all for such a low budget film. 6 1/2 / 10.

Posts: 136 | From: The Royal County | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
Helen, you've never seen Coma ?  -

-
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I honestly thought you'd seen 'em all ! [Big Grin] [Razz]

Anyway.. personally i hate hospitals, doctors, and all things related (especially syringes / needles),
so a mystery-thriller set in a hospital where people never wake up from relatively simple surgery,
is pure horror to me.. really gives me the creeps !
 -

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
It's definitely on my to watch list now [Big Grin]

I last watched my fave Pacino film, Dog Day Afternoon and the nutty Bloody Pit of Horror (1965)

-

-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFJg6RMZUzY

-

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mickey Hargitay! "I am the Crimson Executioner. Bwwwwaaaahhhhhaaa"

Those speeches that he gives are some of the funniest things that I've ever heard in any movie. I love when the heroine at one point responds to his ranting with "You're an egotist!"

Dog Day Afternoon is fantastic. Pacino!

[ 20. March 2013, 11:29: Message edited by: Crash ]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

...Tick ...Tick ...Tick (1970)

Tensions run high when a black man is elected as the new sheriff in a small southern town.

Excellent racial drama starring Jim Brown and George Kennedy who get to show off their acting skills.
Both are clearly at the top of their game here, providing great performances !

...Tick ...Tick ...Tick was released on dvd-r last year as part of the Warner Archives collection.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a movie i would like to get!
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Mad Dog Morgan - I don't know if it was supposed to be but I found this hysterical in places [Big Grin]
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched Coma.

Can I get a Yay?

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Yay!
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I know the guy is creepy in the movie but I love Richard Widmark's voice.
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

The Hazing (1977) aka The Curious Case Of The Campus Corpse

After a fraternity initiation goes horribly wrong and leaves one of its aspiring members dead,
the others decide it's best for the reputation of the fraternity to cover things up.
All is not what it seems though, and there's a nice twist in the final act !

Odd mixture of black comedy, drama and thriller elements vaguely resembles the much later Shallow Grave (1994).
Surprisingly well-acted, and definitely worth a look !

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Interesting stuff to say the least, Johnny.
Love these kind of oddities.

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Hey you Bernie, stop gegging in on my yays [Razz] I watched Coma yesterday [Big Grin] Nice! My fave part was when she threw all the dead bodies onto him haha
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I just watched a good Fritz Lang film, While The City Sleeps (1956) I wanted to throttle the main guy, smarmy, slimy git.

-

Now I'm going to watch the wonderful House On Haunted Hill (1959) [Smile]

Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wake in Fright (1971). Gary Bond, Donald Pleasence, Chips Rafferty, Sylvia Kay, Jack Thompson and John Meillon. A schoolteacher on his way to Sydney to visit his girlfriend looks in on the outback mining town of Bundanyabba, whose inhabitants pastimes range from kangaroo hunting to homosexuality and finds himself entrapped in a series of chilling events from which there are seemingly no escape. Based on the novel by Kenneth Cook.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
La bęte aka The Beast (1975)

Haha, what a fun film directed by Walerian Borowczyk
and starring perhaps the most famous Finnish actress Sirpa Lane.
Lots of skin and weird behavior.

-

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
That is one of the all-time great sleaze classics (..and sleazy it is) ! [Big Grin]

I have the limited 3 disc edition from Cult Epics, which has two versions of the movie,
a feature-length making of, and a 52 page booklet.

Sirpa Lane's appearance is etched in the minds of sleaze fanatics, not only because of La Bete,
but also because of her.. uhm..'revealing' roles in Papaya Love Goddess Of The Cannibals and The Beast In Space.

Essential viewing for the exploitation fan, without a doubt !

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Oh, what a classy release you have!
Never seen her other films but i´m interested [Smile]

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
The Driver (1978)

Ryan O'Neal, Bruce Dern.

Pretty decent movie. Walter Hill knows how to make a movie that's for sure. The plot was quite predictable but all in all not bad.

Great car chase sequences (Would have taken a long time to film and edit those together). Could just imagine the nightmare it would have been in the editing room.

This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home