iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 68)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
Logan's Run. Fell asleep after half an hour. If it weren't for Jenny Agutter it would have been half that.

We have much to teach you of 1970s sci-fi, young Bernard..... although if you fell asleep after half an hour, there was an awful lot of Jenny you would have missed....

quote:
Originally posted by P_a_u_l:
The Silencers (1966)

8/10 from me.

Review on my blog HERE

Murderer's Row (1966)

The second Matt Helm movie, and yet another vehicle for Dean Martin. Still very good, although not quite up to the standard of The Silencers, so only 7.5/10 for this one.

I still have two more to watch (The Wrecking Crew and The Ambushers) so these will be marked just as soon as I get a chance to watch them.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I do need some pointers. Does she get her kit off close to the closing credits? If so I think it is worth watching the whole way through.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In fact, she does ! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bernie, it's worth watching all the way through irrespective of the chance to catch a glimpse of Jenny....
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wasnt there a video game of logan's run?
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

Yes - it was called City Of Domes.
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jenny has a couple of fantastic scenes in China 9, Liberty 37, including one where she is bathing nude in a river and another where she is wearing the shearest of shear white nighgowns, and the scene is back lit. [Smile] In a current film world of actresses with heavy cosmetic surgey, collagen, and silicon, Jenny is a marvel with her beautiful, natural, unenhanced features and figure.

As for ummmm the other things in the movie, I really like China 9, Liberty 37, sort of a "thinking man's spaghetti Western." It is well directed by Monte Hellman, and Warren Oates is just great, as always, as the villain. The only real black mark against the film is Fabio Testi as the hero. He has all the charisma of a rod puppet, and I just got so angry over his love scene with Jenny. (Why would she even take a second look at that stiff loser? She should be with ME! [Smile] )

-

[ 20. September 2012, 13:55: Message edited by: Crash ]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Johnny - Prepare to fast forward! Fast forwarding sir!

Paul - Yeah I am gonna watch it all the way through in the next couple of days.

Crash - I love your use of language to make it sound like there is something going for those films apart from Jenny's nakedness.

[ 20. September 2012, 20:45: Message edited by: Bernie_Lomax ]

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Directors must have been falling over themselves back then trying to hire her for a part just to see her in the flesh..in the flesh [Big Grin]
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you know i would like to say that i have reached a point of maturity where i would view a film based off of its artistic value alone, but sadly no, i hear of ceartin actresses scene stealing moments and i find myself watching a film i probably wouldnt have thought to check out.

honest truth, the reason i watched valley girl was for elizabeth daily

maybe moviemakers are relying on people like me, using nudity as a marketing tool

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So we are victims, right ? [Big Grin] [Razz]
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by The Good Package:
maybe moviemakers are relying on people like me, using nudity as a marketing tool

Maybe??
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
ah well so i got suckered in, its better than loosing a bundle in a ponzi scheme. can you think of a better way to get duped, at least it was fun, parts of it anyway.

yeah, john were victims

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys are hilarious! I always justify my failure to reach that point of maturity as "If I ever stop getting excited about something like seeing Jenny Agutter in China 9, Liberty 37, then hold a mirror up to my mouth. You'll see that I've stopped breathing--and am clinically dead!" LOL

There were so many amazing looking UK actresses from the 1970s--Agutter, Caroline Munro, Veroinica Carlson, Diana Rigg... I could go on and on. Heck, depending on how she parted her hair and smiled, Rita Tushingham--who made a cottage industry out of playing ugly-duckling parts in the 60s and 70s in films like "A Taste of Honey," "Dr. Zhivago," and "Straight on Till Morning"--could be a babe to me.

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
dont forget linda hayden, (fortunately)
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Oh, you are right. Never can forget young Linda Hayden from "The Blood on Satan's Claw" and "Taste the Blood of Dracula." She was another gorgeous gal of the era.
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bunch of pervs!
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
She's back!

-

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I never!  -
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the Heat of the Night (1967)

Classic! Rod Steiger and Sidney Poitier are fantastic.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Night Moves (1975)

-

Amazing 70's crime thriller directed by Arthur Penn.

,L.A. detective Harry Moseby has problems. Missing persons and bedroom stake-outs are no match
for his glory days as a pro-football player. His wife is having a not-so-secret affair.
And while sorting things out, he takes on the case of a runaway teenager that may be a lot more
than he can handle.'

Any more information about the story would spoil it for those who've never seen it before.

Starring Gene Hackman at his very best here !
(and he certainly was on the roll in that period.. Within 4 years he did French Connection 1 + 2,
Prime Cut, The Poseidon Adventure, The Conversation and Night Moves)

And a terrific supporting cast, which also includes a young James Woods and an even younger Melanie Griffith,
whose teenage runaway character triggers the whole story.

Night Moves was released on region 1 dvd in 2005 by Warner Brothers. Surprisingly there is no UK dvd release.

Night Moves is a masterpiece !

On a side note : A decade later, Jeff Bridges would also play an ex-football star turned
private investigator (sort of) in Against All Odds, which remarkably also starred James Woods.

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Will have to give that a look [Smile]

Just watched Point Blank (1967) A great film but I'd rather watch the awful 1998 film of the same name [Razz]

-

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
JRiR, Night Moves is one of the best movies from the 1970s and a personal favorite, though, for as many times as I've seen it, I'm not sure that I could pass an exam on the plot. It's such an impressive character study and mood piece that much like The Big Sleep, you just go with it. It has incredible dialogue too--remember the line about what "he would do with a woodpile"? [Smile]

Helen, how could you possibly prefer watching the not-bad-but-not-classic remake of Point Blank? Oh wait...you are referring to the cruddy direct-to-video movie with the title Point Blank with Mickey Rourke! (Thought you could fool us, huh? LOL) [Smile]

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Acapulco Gold (1978 end credits say 1976)

This is a fun little drug smuggling flick directed by Burt Brinckerhoff.
This was one of the first VHS films i saw back in the mid 80s
and now i finally bought the tape and saw it again.

The movie stars Marjoe Gortner (Mausoleum, Jungle Warriors, Hellhole), Robert Lansing (The Nest),
Ed Nelson, John Harkins and cute Randi Oakes.

Nice easy-going feel, beautiful Hawaii locations and two semi-cool yacht rock tunes performed by Gregory Prestopino.

Acapulco Gold trailer

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
Helen, how could you possibly prefer watching the not-bad-but-not-classic remake of Point Blank? Oh wait...you are referring to the cruddy direct-to-video movie with the title Point Blank with Mickey Rourke! (Thought you could fool us, huh? LOL) [Smile]

-
  This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home