iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 66)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're both fabulous [Big Grin]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. Phibes being a little bit more fabulous than Blacula ofcourse. [Razz]
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blacula is good fun. Phibes, to me, is a masterpiece and is fabulous!
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehehe [Big Grin]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Masque of the Red Death 1964.
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Firepower (1979)

"A merc is hired by the FBI to track down a powerful recluse criminal.
A woman is also trying to track him down for her own personal vendetta." (IMDb)

This was a decent yet highly entertaining late 70s action/caper movie directed by Michael Winner.
Starring James Coburn, Sophia Loren, O.J. Simpson, Eli Wallach, Anthony Franciosa and George Grizzard.

Great locations (shot in the Caribbean), beautiful Sophia Loren, good action plus lots of explosions
and nice, easy-going feel.
I own the good quality scandi dvd.

Firepower trailer

-

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

7 Updates!

Fantastic Planet.
| Site Updates: 7 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fantastic Planet is excellent.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

^ Yeah is still gives me the heebie jeebies. Love it.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Suddenly (1954)
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Alice Sweet Alice - Ok, not as good as I remembered. Some of the perfomances and pacing was off.

-

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Warlords of Atlantis (1978)

Finally got to see this one. It has long been the missing one of the Kevin Connor fantasy / adventure films
in my collection. But to be honest, i actually thought this was the weakest of the 5.
It's still fun though, with all the rubbery monsters showing up once again and Doug McClure
chewing up every scene he's in. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i watched blacula, it was pretty hard to sit through.

im betting cold hard cash though that dr phibes is a killer movie

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
Warlords of Atlantis (1978)

Finally got to see this one. It has long been the missing one of the Kevin Connor fantasy / adventure films
in my collection. But to be honest, i actually thought this was the weakest of the 5.
It's still fun though, with all the rubbery monsters showing up once again and Doug McClure
chewing up every scene he's in. [Big Grin]

The other day I watch again The Land That Time Forgot 1975. Trippy flicks. They just make my whisky glass sweeter.
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eureka Stockade (1949). Chips Rafferty, Jane Barrett, Jack Lambert, Gordon Jackson, Peter Illing, Ralph Truman, Sydney Loder, Peter Finch, Grant Taylor, Kevin Brennan, John Fegan, Reg Wykeham, Al Thomas, John Fernside and Betty Ross. Frictions result between prospectors and authorities during the 1850s Australian gold rush when the former have their liberty restricted. The prospectors make a stand at Eureka Stockade, which leads to a confrontation with the government.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bitter Springs (1950). Chips Rafferty, Tommy Trinder, Gordon Jackson, Jean Blue, Michael Pate, Charles Tingwell, Nonnie Piper, Nicky Yardley and Henry Murdock. A sheep farming family who take up residence on outback land come into conflict with local aborigines who resent their presence besides their attempts to drive them off.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dr phibes, it was good.

watching taxi now,danny d is great on there

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Man Who Haunted Himself - Really great, tense psychological horror and Roger Moore was stunning here  -
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

Becket 1964
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

The Seventh Seal. Can't get enough of this masterpiece.
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
The Man Who Haunted Himself - Really great, tense psychological horror and Roger Moore was stunning here  -

Frigging excellent. Caught it on TV late at night when I was younger. It was like a trippy extra-long episode of 'The Saint'. It's a bit tacky in that early 70's way, but it really sticks in your mind.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Poseidon Adventure (1972)

A group of passengers struggle to survive and escape, when their ocean liner completely capsizes at sea. -- IMDb

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
who else likes the movie goin south?
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
I don't mind "Goin' South." It's not a masterpiece by any means, but it is fun. (Jack Nicholson and John Belushi seem to be having a blast.) And it did herald the arrival of a new talent--and really good actress--in Mary Steenburgen. [Smile]
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

Solaris 1972
  This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home