iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 65)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If i may step in here

-

Dog ugly ?? [Confused]
You've gotta be from another planet to find Kay unattractive ! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
like i said, i still aint figured him out yet
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He is human though ? [Razz]
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well im human and pretty sure i havent been adopted
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha, you funny guys. She looks great IMO!
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto that. She looks really nice in "The Great Scout and Cathouse Thursday" and has a nude scene in the little seen "Fast Walking." A very attractive 70s-80s starlet--and she can act too. [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
My favorite Herzog/Kinski film. It's an amazing movie on so many levels, but, for me, that last scene is one of the most unforgettable scenes in any movie.

I have this film on DVD, Crash. Have you read the entry for Don Lope de Aguirre in The Great Book of Movie Villains?
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

203 Updates!

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Destiny (1921).
| Site Updates: 203 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
blood on satan's claw (1970) i liked it.
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Good Package:
blood on satan's claw (1970) i liked it.

I saw the badly censored U.S. cut of this many, many years ago when I was a kid. I thought that it was a flawed mess but had a lot of good things in it. A couple of years ago, I was fortunate enough to see an uncut UK print with the original title "Satan's Skin." I was quite impressed. It still has a few flaws--the screenplay needed one more draft, I think--but it's a near masterpiece. Terrific film.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
what was in the uncensored version, i think that may have been the one i watched. they showed it on the mgm chanel in hd.
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
There was a lot more nudity--and as I recall, a couple of longer dialogue scenes. (I'm thinking that if you saw Linda Hayden's full frontal scene, you saw an uncensored version.) From what I've read on IMDB.com, the version they showed on Turner Classic Movies about four years ago, apart from having the title card as "Blood on Satan's Claw" was an uncensored version. Since I believe that this was originally a Cannon Film in the U.S. that MGM now owns, I'll bet that the MGM Channel showed that version too. There are a bunch of different versions of this kicking around. It has never had a legit DVD release in the U.S. But I'm sure that Helen has a pristine UK DVD somewhere in her vast collection. [Smile]
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember watching Blood on Satan´s Claw in the early 90s. Very good movie.
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
But I'm sure that Helen has a pristine UK DVD somewhere in her vast collection. [Smile]

[Razz] I have it in my Tigon coffin set which is going for silly used prices now I see [Eek!] I don't know just how uncut it is but unfortunately it does have the full frontal  -

Going to see the wonderful silent version of Ben Hur with a live orchestra in October, woot! [Smile]

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Actually there are two excellent dvd releases of Blood on Satan's Claw from the UK.

The first one was released by Anchor Bay's UK division, and is the same disc that is also
in their Tigon Collection coffin-shaped box-set that Helen mentioned.
It has a great looking widescreen transfer (though not anamorphically enhanced) plus lots of
extra's which include a writer / director / star commentary
plus a very good featurette with star Linda Hayden. Several galleries, notes and the trailer
are on the disc as well.

The second dvd was released by UK company Odeon Entertainment. It's the same uncut version, but
this time it is anamorphically enhanced. Unfortunately the extra's from the Anchor Bay disc
are not carried over to this one, except for the trailer which is the only extra here.

So take your pick. [Big Grin]

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
yep, i seen linda hayden naked (fortunatley), it must of been the uncensored.

the mgm chanel shows alot of films you dont hear much about.

seen parts of robot holocaust the other day, a pretty funny unintentional comedy

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
I'm in the "fortunately" camp vis-a-vis Ms. Hayden in the buff here. [Smile]

I wish, I wish that I had that Tigon coffin-box set! That never got imported into the States. Didn't that also have the Boris Karloff film "The Sorcerers" in it? That film has never had any kind of release, VHS or DVD, here. It is a film that has dropped off the face of the earth, much like another Tigon-Compton film, "Corruption," a/k/a "Laser Killer," that I'm on the prowl for. [Smile]

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Love The Sorcerers but no, it has Blood On Satan's Claw, Witchfinder General, The Body Stealers, The Haunted House of Horror, The Beast In The Cellar and the godawful Virgin Witch.
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
I may get the chance to see the uncut UK verion of "The Haunted House of Horror, known as "Horror House" in the U.S., at the drive-in Monsterama show in September. You know, some of Tigon's stuff doesn't get the credit that it deserves. Everybody talks about "Witchfinder General" because it is a masterpiece, but "The Sorcerers" really is good too. And while "The Beast in the Cellar," for the most part is too slow moving, it does have a moment or two.
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
I love Virgin Witch !

I recently bought it again on Redemption's US blu-ray release. [Big Grin]

Zigyma7ik
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Hour-Glass Sanatorium
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Oh Johnny [Eek!] haha
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Come on.. any movie about nude devil worshipping is highly entertaining ! [Big Grin]

Talking about those Redemption blu-rays..

They're truly amazing ! So far they've released a whole bunch of Jean Rollin titles (The Nude Vampire,
Fascination, The Iron Rose, Lips of Blood, Shiver of The Vampires, Requiem for a Vampire, The Demoniacs,
Rape of The Vampire, Two Orphan Vampires, The Living Dead Girl), some classic British horrors
(Burke and Hare, The Blood Beast Terror, The Asphyx), some British (s)exploitation (Virgin Witch,
Marquis De Sade's Justine with Koo Stark, Girl on a Motorcycle), and next month they start releasing
their first batch of Mario Bava titles on blu-ray which include Black Sunday, Hatchet for a Honeymoon
and the Lisa and The Devil / House of Exorcism double-feature.
In october all of this will be followed by their first batch of Jess Franco titles which include
Female Vampire, Exorcism (aka Demoniac) and the truly amazing A Virgin Among The Living Dead !

At fist i was kinda hesitant about buying these all over again, because i already own all of these
titles, and many of them is several different dvd editions. But when i saw their new transfer
for Jean Rollin's The Iron Rose, i was like.. WOW ! (yes, they're really THAT good)

Yay for Redemption !! [Big Grin]

[ 02. August 2012, 06:45: Message edited by: Johnny Roarke is reckless ]

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
blacula will be on the mgm channel in the next week or so in hd. as well as the abombinable dr phibes

havent seen them yet but i am expecting good things

This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home