iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 64)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ending is one of the greatest [Big Grin]

Just watched Gorilla at large (1954) Not as daft as the title and poster suggests [Razz]

-

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Devil's Hand (1962) - Quite corny but enjoyable voodoo flick. But it was hard to take Commissioner Gordon as a devil worshipper haha [Smile]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
quote:
Originally posted by Zigyma7ik:
Black Christmas 1974

One of my 70s favorites. It's really exceptionally creepy--phone calls with the different voices, crying baby...
Yep the grand daddy of them 80's slashers.
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Race With The Devil [Big Grin]

-

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great poster art!
Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Just watched The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother (1975)

This was a good comedy written and directed by Gene Wilder.
The movie stars Gene Wilder, Marty Feldman, Madeline Kahn, Dom DeLuise and Leo McKern.
The cast did a good job, i especially loved DeLuise as the fun italian Eduardo Gambetti.

Smarter Brother trailer

-

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really nostalgic movie for me Atom! Love it. If you liked it you should check out 'The World's Greatest Lover' too. Similar kind of humour.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I´ll definitely try to find it somewhere.
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

7 Updates!

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Devils 1971
| Site Updates: 7 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couple of silent comedies for me:

The Plank, starring amongst many others the late and very great Eric Sykes. The Plank tells the simple story of a couple of builders who need to go get a plank of wood to finish laying a floor in a new house. But how they get it, and how difficult it is to get it back to the site, is what the movie is all about.

Futtock's End, starring Ronnie Barker, Michael Hordern, and again a host of other familiar faces in a story about a stately home, and a weekend visit by distant family members. Barker (as the Colonel) and his butler Hordern have to see to the guests, as well as trying to out-do each other in the affections of the pert and pretty young girl.

[ 10. July 2012, 03:13: Message edited by: P_a_u_l ]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i started to watch metropolis awhile back, is there a version that has giorgio moroder music playing in it?
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it's the 1984 version which was supervised and re-scored by Moroder with additional music
by Freddie Mercury, Bonnie Tyler and Pat Benatar.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1984, thank you. i know which one to look for now, i kept getting the other versions
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
The Count of Monte-Cristo (1975)

Took a little break from Jason´s woods and watched this made-for-tv adaptation of Dumas´ classic.

I liked it very much. The cast is pretty awesome:
Richard Chamberlain, Louis Jourdan, Donald Pleasence, Tony Curtis, Kate Nelligan etc.

-

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
The Man in the Iron Mask (1977)

Another made-for-tv Dumas adaptation and this was also a very good one.
The movie was directed by Mike Newell and the cast is once again excellent:
Richard Chamberlain, Patrick McGoohan, Louis Jourdan, Jenny Agutter, Ian Holm and Ralph Richardson.

-

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Dirty Mary Crazy Larry - Highly enjoyable road film with a lovely ending [Big Grin]

-

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome movie !! [Smile]
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. Ending is fantastic. Always been a big fan of this movie.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Mean Dog Blues (1978)

This was excellent prison camp movie directed by Mel Stuart.
The cast is awesome: Gregg Henry, James Wainwright, George Kennedy, Gregory Sierra, Geno Silva,
the lovely ladies Kay Lenz and Tina Louise plus one mean dog Rattler.
Recommended!

Mean Dog Blues trailer

-

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Up in Smoke (1978)

This was a fantastic comedy directed by Lou Adler (Ladies and Gentlemen, the Fabulous Stains).
Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong shine in their feature film debut.
It was surprising to see Tom Skerritt as the crazy Vietnam veteran - Strawberry.
Stacy Keach and his police pals were hilarious.

Lots of funny jokes, great music and once again i loved the late 70s LA scenery.

Up in Smoke trailer

Next: more Cheech & Chong stuff.

-

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Planet Of The Apes, and Beneath The Planet Of The Apes. Two great films.
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aguirre: The Wrath of God (1972). Klaus Kinski, Ruy Guerra, Del Negro, Helena Rojo, Cecilia Rivera and Peter Berling. A mad, deluded conquistador leads an expedition through the Amazon in 1560 in search of the seven cities of gold.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Lady Vanishes (1938) Not one of my fave Hitchcock flicks but still a good watch.
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lovers with Cassie:
Aguirre: The Wrath of God (1972). Klaus Kinski, Ruy Guerra, Del Negro, Helena Rojo, Cecilia Rivera and Peter Berling. A mad, deluded conquistador leads an expedition through the Amazon in 1560 in search of the seven cities of gold.

My favorite Herzog/Kinski film. It's an amazing movie on so many levels, but, for me, that last scene is one of the most unforgettable scenes in any movie.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
atomik, you mentioned kay lenz and it reminded me of a argument i had awhile back with my dad, i said she was really attractive and he said she was dog ugly, i have known this man for years and i still havent figured him out

what do you think?

This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home