iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 63)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
Report to the Commissioner (1975)

Excellent cop drama, starring Michael Moriarty, Yaphet Kotto, Tony King, Susan Blakely, William Devane
and Richard Gere in his feature debut (as Billy the pimp, in case you see this and don't recognize him).

Stand-out performances from Kotto and King !

Tense, exciting.. and very good !

I´m gonna put this on my wanted list!
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Report to the Commissioner is excellent! It is finally available from the WB archive.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Portrait Of Jennie (1948) [Smile]

-

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love "Portrait of Jennie." Great film.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Hunting Party (1971)

Wow, this was a great and violent western.
Starring Oliver Reed, Gene Hackman, Candice Bergen, Mitch Ryan, Simo Oakland, Ronald Howard and L.Q. Jones.

"The rich and ruthless rancher Brandt Ruger keeps his beautiful young wife Melissa like a part of his property,
subdued to his will. But one day she's kidnapped by the famous outlaw Frank Calder - just to teach him reading, so he tells her.
Calder doesn't know or care who's wife she is. He takes care of her well, and eventually Melissa falls in love with him.
But Ruger feels humiliated. Full of hate, he sets out to kill him - and Melissa too, if necessary.
Together with his friends and the newest technology in guns, which carry 800 yards, he initiates a battue on Calder and his gang." (IMDb)

The cast is fantastic, especially Reed shines.
The guns do some serious damage in this movie, you can see all the wounds.
This is 70s magic. Highly recommended!

The Hunting Party trailer

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Low-budget story of four astronauts in deep space, whose mission is to destroy unstable planets in star systems which are to be colonised. The late Commander Powell is stored in deep freeze, where he is still able to offer advice. As their mission nears completion, they must cope with a runaway alien which resembles a beach-ball, faulty computer systems, and a "smart bomb" who thinks it is God. -- IMDb

Great little film. You can't please everybody though -- my brother rates it as one of the worst films he's ever seen.  -

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thunder and Lightning (1977)

'Cars-ploitation' from the Corman factory starring David Carradine and Kate Jackson (from Charlie's Angels).

Not the best of Corman's 'cars' movies, but good old action fun nonetheless, and ofcourse some
great car chase scenes.

Charles Napier is in it too, and Carradine and Jackson make for a good on-screen couple.

Thunder and Lightning trailer : www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_syQ7S2JG8

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Never seen Thunder and Lightning but i own Cannonball (1976) R1 dvd.
I need to check it out during the summer holiday.
Seen that one Johnny?

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Mankind finds a mysterious, obviously artificial, artifact buried on the moon and, with the intelligent computer HAL, sets off on a quest. -- IMDb

An Audio/Visual masterpiece.

2001: A Space Odyssey Soundtrack (Vinyl)

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Never seen Thunder and Lightning but i own Cannonball (1976) R1 dvd.
I need to check it out during the summer holiday.
Seen that one Johnny?

Yeah, i have the Blue Underground dvd of Cannonball as well.
I think it's probably the best of Corman's 'cars' movies, and required viewing for
fans of 70s-style exploitation. [Smile]

Last year i also bought the Ron Howard Action Pack which was released in the Roger Corman Cult Classics Collection
from Shout! Factory. It includes Eat My Dust and Grand Theft Auto.
I have seen them both, but it was a very long time ago.. so i definitely need to watch them again
sometime soon. But i doubt they'll be better than Cannonball or Death Race 2000.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
I like "Cannonball," a better, less silly version of "Cannonball Run." If I had to rate the Corman car films, they'd go:
1. Death Race 2000
2. Cannonball
3. Eat My Dust
4. Grand Theft Auto

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Crash,

have you seen Thunder And Lightning ?

Since it's not in your top 4, does that mean you rate it lower than the others ?
Because if it's really the worst of the bunch, then i'm really going to enjoy re-visiting
the Ron Howard flicks. [Big Grin]

Almost forgot about Moving Violation, which was also produced by Corman around the same time.
Another great little exploitation flick chock-full of car chases, starring a young and very
pretty Kay Lenz.

It should definitely be at the top of the list ! [Smile]

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
I had forgotten about Thunder and Lightning! I have seen it and Moving Violation. Thunder and Lightning has David Carradine, always cool, and a rare theatrical film appearance by Kate Jackson. It's pretty routine. I might put it there with Grand Theft Auto in the "good enough" category.

You are right about Moving Violation. Like Thunder and Lightning, it was produced by Corman and his wife under their deal with 20th Century-Fox. It's more violent than all of the New World stuff--except Death Race--and it's a pretty good B-picture. I agree about Kay Lenz. She looks even better in AIP's "Great Scout and Cathouse Thursday" that same year. (That's a really good, underrated film.)

[ 20. June 2012, 14:31: Message edited by: Crash ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Chato's Land (1972)

Very good revenge western directed by Michael Winner.
This movie includes a great cast: Charles Bronson, Jack Palance, James Whitmore, Simon Oakland,
Ralph Waite, Richard Jordan, Victor French and William Watson.

Some nasty kills, dry wasteland (shot in Spain) and i liked the fact that
while this was just a simple revenge flick, every character had their own personality and way of thinking.

Chato´s Land trailer

-

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
richard jordan was a real weasel in that one, then again he is weasel most of the time.
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah Jordan was a real weasel but he also had a soft side and he actually wanted the Indian woman to be his wife.
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you'd think after what chato did to jordan that it would have deterred the others
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lovers with Cassie:
Umberto D (1952). Carlo Battisti, Maria Pia Casilio and Lina Gennari. A sometime bureaucrat who is on a set pittance of a pension is about to be forced into the streets of Rome with only his pet dog to comfort him.

One of my favorite Italian movies!.
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black Moon 1975.
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Disco Fever (1978)

This is a fun and obscure dance flick directed by Lamar Card.
Starring Fabian, Casey Kasem, Phoebe Dorin and Susette Carroll.

Cool dance club, nice cars, funky dance beat, lots of beautiful ladies with sexy moves and Cybil´s disco jet! [Smile]

Disco Fever trailer

-

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The fantastical Grand Hotel (1932) [Smile]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Plumber (1979)

Not Peter Weir's finest work IMO and a bit of a non-dramatic ending for a psychological thriller.

I am sure this was shot on several locations but some of the university shots were definitely taken at Flinders University in Adelaide where I currently go.

It was tripped out spotting that.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

24 Updates!

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black Christmas 1974
| Site Updates: 24 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Phantom Carriage (1921) Took about 20 mins to get going but once it did it was really friggin' eerie and depressing.

-

-

-

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Zigyma7ik:
Black Christmas 1974

One of my 70s favorites. It's really exceptionally creepy--phone calls with the different voices, crying baby...
  This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home