iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 62)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arabian Adventure (1979)

-

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent Alex Saviuk poster art there. Never seen the movie though.
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's nothing special but a fun flick [Smile]

Women In Love (1969) I liked the part when Oliver Reed and Alan Bates wrestled bollock naked [Razz] But seriously, great flick.

And I watched a cheery Hammer war flick The Camp On Blood Island (1958)

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Abandon Ship (1957). Tyrone Power, Mai Zetterling, Lloyd Nolan, Stephen Boyd, Moira Lister, James Lister, Marie Lohr, John Stratton, Clive Morton, Gordon Jackson, Laurence Naismith, Eddie Byrne, Noel Willman, Victor Maddern, Ferdy Mayne and Finlay Currie. A deck officer in charge of survivors on a lifeboat after a luxury cruise liner strikes a derelict mine and sinks is faced with the hideous decision of whether the weak must be forfeited to ensure the survival of the strong.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lady Vanishes (1938). Margaret Lockwood, Michael Redgrave, Paul Lukas, Dame May Whitty, Cecil Parker, Linden Travers and Mary Clare. A woman conducts an investigation with the help of a man when an old woman travelling on a train disappears and others claim that they don't remember her. Based on the novel The Wheel Spins by Ethel Lina White.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Moon Of The Wolf - Insanely boring till the last 10 minutes.

And 2 ok films, Snowbeast and The Other.

Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Fire Over England (1937). Laurence Olivier, Flora Robson, Leslie Banks, Vivian Leigh, Raymond Massey, Tamara Desni and Morton Selten. In 1588, the Spanish Armada is poised to invade Great Britain, and only Queen Elizabeth I's navy stands in their way. Based on the novel by A. E. W. Mason.

[ 19. May 2012, 21:08: Message edited by: Lovers with Cassie ]

Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
The 39 Steps (1935). Robert Donat, Madeleine Carroll, Lucie Mannheim, Godfrey Teale and Peggy Ashcroft. A canadian visiting London is falsely accused of murder together with theft of national secrets and flees to Scotland, pursued by both police besides spies along the way. Based on the novel by John Buchan.
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Helen,

i like Arabian Adventure. I have it on a UK dvd which sadly doesn't have any extra's, but does
contain an excellent transfer.

Director Kevin Connor made several fantasy / adventure flicks in the mid-/late seventies
(The Land That Time Forgot, The People That Time Forgot, At The Earth's Core and Warlords of Atlantis).

Warlords is the only one i haven't seen, but the others are all fun and highly entertaining movies.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I have 3 of them [Smile] Warlords is the one I've not seen too. I love At The Earth's Core.
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we need to go see it though..

Trailer : www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4POKzW3rys

It may not have Peter Cushing in it, but look at that rubber octopus thingy at the end of the trailer..

that's just priceless ! [Big Grin]

[ 20. May 2012, 05:47: Message edited by: Johnny Roarke is reckless ]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Hahaha, that looks fantastic! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I just watched The Devil's Nightmare - A group of tourists each representing the seven deadly sins have to stay overnight in a castle with a succubus. Insane and ridiculous. I loved it! [Razz]

-

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bucktown (1975)

This was a cool blaxploitation flick with a twist directed by Arthur Marks.
Starring Fred Williamson, Pam Grier, Thalmus Rasulala, Tony King, Bernie Hamilton, Art Lund
and Carl Weathers in his first feature film.

Williamson is great and Grier hot as always. I also liked the funky score composed by Johnny Pate.

Bucktown trailer

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
The Bicycle Thief (1947). Lamberto Maggiorani, Lianella Carella, Enzo Staiola and Elena Altieri. An indigent man who has to have a bicycle for his job has it stolen from him and spends a week with his son looking for it.
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Helen,

Warlords of Atlantis gets a UK dvd (re)release on july 30th..

what a coincidence ! [Smile]

And for those interested : At least two other Kevin Connor fantasy / adventure movies will be
(re)released at the same date (At the Earth's Core and The Land that Time Forgot).

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I remember The Land that Time Forgot VHS art from old video magazine.
Never got to see it though.

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those Kevin Connor Amicus/AIP lost continent things are fairly juvenile, but they are a lot of fun. I remember seeing The Land that Time Forgot at the drive-in. I can't remember what the co-feature was. I think that it was a Godzilla film or something. [Smile]

The Devil's Nightmare! I haven't seen that in years, Helen. It's pretty good as I recall, starring Sara Bay, a/k/a Rosalba Neri, the hot-to-trot star of many a Euro-trash film.

Bucktown! I really like director Arthur Marks, aTomiK. Detroit 9000 is a classic, even referenced by Quentin Tarantino in Jackie Brown.

And to give my response some class here, I saw The Bicycle Thief in a college film course, LwC. It's a classic.

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Umberto D (1952). Carlo Battisti, Maria Pia Casilio and Lina Gennari. A sometime bureaucrat who is on a set pittance of a pension is about to be forced into the streets of Rome with only his pet dog to comfort him.
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Crash,

it wasn't Rosalba Neri who starred in The Devil's Nightmare, but Erika Blanc.

Neri starred in the similarly titled The Devil's Wedding Night. [Razz]

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are good, and I stand corrected! [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
About time too  -
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
ROFL!
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
The Overlanders (1946). Chips Rafferty, John Nugent Hayward, Daphne Campbell, John Fernside, Jean Blue, Peter Pagan, Helen Grieve, Frank Ransome, Stan Tolhurst and Marshall Crosby. Cattlemen drive 1,000 cattle from Western Australia to Queensland during the Second World War to prevent them falling into the hands of the Japanese.
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
The Man Who Loved Cat Dancing (1973). Burt Reynolds, Sarah Miles, Lee J. Cobb, Jack Warden, George Hamilton, Bo Hopkins, Robert Donner, Sandy Kevin, Larry Littlebird, Nancy Malone and Jay Silverheels. A wife who ran out on her husband falls in with an outlaw during a train robbery. They end up becoming lovers. Based on the novel by Marilyn Durham.
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Report to the Commissioner (1975)

Excellent cop drama, starring Michael Moriarty, Yaphet Kotto, Tony King, Susan Blakely, William Devane
and Richard Gere in his feature debut (as Billy the pimp, in case you see this and don't recognize him).

Stand-out performances from Kotto and King !

Tense, exciting.. and very good !

This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home