iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 58)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obsession (1976) Wow, wonderful to see this again. I'd forgotten so much.

-

[ 22. January 2012, 08:32: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i watched the brood recently, i thought it was one of thse middle of the road movies, i neither liked it nor disliked it.
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!] That's my fave Cronenberg flick.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few weeks ago I watched Breaking Away, for probably the fourth time in the past 10 years. I don't know what it is about this movie, but it always leaves me with a smile on my face. I loved all of the actors and the setting. Starring a very young Dennis Quaid, Dennis Christopher, Daniel Stern and my fave, Jackie Earle Hayley.
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Breaking Away is fantastic! It was released on dvd here about one year ago.
I need to check out The Brood again.

-

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i liked oliver reed in it. i think cronenberg's best is scanners and the fly.

it seems every movie i see oliver reed in, his character kicks the bucket. makes me wonder what actor in the history of movies has the most on screen deaths?

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Night Train Murders. I need a bath now  -

-

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is some serious, stylish, high-quality sleaze ! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Indeed lol
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Grand Duel (1972) The first half of this made me cringe a bit with the questionable acting by some and the dodgy camerawork. But I started to fall in love with it in the second half for the same reasons [Razz]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The wonderful A Lizard In A Woman's Skin [Smile]

-

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Godfather Squad (1974)

Wow, what can i say about this one..

An Italian production which combines the gritty crime genre with Chinese kung-fu starring
Bruce Leung (who??), who demonstrates some spectacular kung-fu action !

Hilariously dubbed audio, and a bomb-dog that explodes onscreen in the first couple of minutes !

For some reason, during the final battle the location changes from sun-drenched Rome to
snowy mountain scenery literately within a second !
(i had to rewind for a moment to check whether i didn't miss some unexpected plot development..
but no, it just shifts to snowy mountains for absolutely no reason what so ever)

It all ends with some serious machine-gun mayhem, Rambo-style !
well, technically pre-Rambo-style.. after all, this is from 1974.

For those willing to ever watch this, i don't wanna give too much away.. but the obnoxious kid-brother dies,
thank god ! [Big Grin]

The Godfather Squad really is a masterpiece of trash cinema.. and i love it !

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds pretty wild and fantastic, Johnny!
Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for harry2   Email harry2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Duel. One of Spielberg's first movies. Dennis Weaver stars as a sales rep terrorised by an unseen trucker trying to run him off the road. Very claustropobic. Solid 8/10.
Posts: 136 | From: The Royal County | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
aTomiK,

The Godfather Squad was released on a double-feature dvd from Code Red last year.
Its co-feature is Bruce's Last Battle, which i haven't seen yet, but if it's only half as much
fun as The Godfater Squad was, it'll still be a blast ! [Big Grin]

The Godfather Squad alone makes it worth it though. You'll love it.. trust me !

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Bloody Pit Of Horror (1965) - Now my life is complete  -

-

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^I have that mask^

'Murder, She Said' - Tepid Mrs. Marple movie from the 60's.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
But do you also have his perfect body? LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFJg6RMZUzY

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Flesh and Blood Show - The day I've dreaded has arrived when I didn't like a Pete Walker film. I'm heartbroken [Frown]
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Nah, it wasn't that bad... was it ?
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Unfortunately I've seen worse. But yeah, it's hard to believe that's the same guy who made House of Whipcord, House of Mortal Sin and Frightmare.
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not seen The Flesh and Blood Show. Die Screaming Marianne isn't great either.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Around the same time as he did The Flesh and Blood Show, he also did The Four Dimensions of Greta.
The dvd-sleeve of Greta says the following about it :

'Tacky British sleaze at its most glorious and dubious, featuring possibly the worst German Accent
ever committed to film, enough pubic hair to stuff two sofas, and some of the worst acting and
limb contortions ever seen.'

Sounds tasty, right ? [Big Grin]

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Well now you've put me off my cheese on toast [Frown]
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Blame Pete Walker.. not me ! [Smile] [Smile]
  This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home