iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 52)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It! (1967) Entertaining killer statue flick [Big Grin] Roddy McDowall playing a Psycho like character with his skeleton Mum at home haha
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good gosh, I saw It! almost 40 years ago. It is the epitome of trashy UK horror, from the same folks who did the Frozen Dead. The Golem meets Psycho!
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]

I just watched Blood of the Vampire (1958) On paper I should have adored the hell out of this, but it was just alright.

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Naw, you shouldn't have. It's a crude Hammer copy.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 -

Devil Doll (1964) I love this film to pieces [Big Grin] Still creeps me out to this day  -

-

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Lost gem. It scared the crap out of me as a kid. [Smile]
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Sid and Bernie keep having their amorous intentions snubbed by their girlfriends Joan and Anthea. The boys suggest a camping holiday, secretly intending to take them to a nudist camp. Of course they end up in the wrong place, and meet up with the weirdest bunch of campers you can imagine! Coach loads of sex-starved schoolgirls and bands of hippies all add to the laughs. -- IMDb

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The fab witchy film, Horror Hotel (1960) aka The City of the Dead

-

Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Birthday Party (1968). Robert Shaw, Patrick Magee, Sydney Tafler, Dandy Nichols, Moultrie Kelsall and Helen Fraser. A tenant who resides in a boarding house is set on by two strangers. Based on the play by Harold Pinter.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Farewell My Lovely (1975). Robert Mitchum, Charlotte Rampling, John Ireland, Sylvia Miles, Anthony Zerbe, Harry Dean Stanton, Jack O'Halloran, Joe Spinell, Sylvester Stallone, Kate Murtagh, John O'Leary, Walter McGinn and Jim Thompson. In 1941 Los Angeles, private detective Philip Marlowe is engaged by a petty criminal to track down his girlfriend. Based on the novel by Raymond Chandler.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time came around once again over the weekend for my regular view of "Star Wars Ep 4 : A New Hope".

Always will love that movie, however, it is a little annoying when, in my mind, I find myself quoting Family Guy : Blue Harvest much of the way through....

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for harry2   Email harry2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Murder On The Orient Express (1974). Agatha Christies famous story. Albert Finney as Hercule Poirot. A murder on the eponymous train gets the little grey cells working as a mriad od suspects are stuck in the snow. Stellar cast includes Lauren Bacall, John Gielgud, Richard Widmark, Michael York, Ingrid Bergman, Jacqueline Bisset, Martin Balsam, Sean Connery and Anthony Prkins, amongst others.
Posts: 136 | From: The Royal County | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This movie is vomit worthy IMO [Razz]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i would have liked to see ustinov play murder on the orient rather the finney, after watching his poirot, he is poirot, in my mind anyway.
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Man from the Deep River (1972)

This was a good exploitation film directed by Umberto Lenzi.
Starring Ivan Rassimov, very beautiful Me Me Lai and bunch of Thailand natives.

"A photographer on assignment in the rain forest is ambushed and held slave by a primitive tribe,
until the chief's daughter chooses him as her groom.
After being initiated by various tortures, he becomes a part of the tribe and helps them against modern dangers
and a cannibal tribe they're at war with." (IMDb)

Gore, nudity, cannibals, good score, disturbing rituals and animal cruelty.
I liked the heavily A Man Called Horse influenced plot and the cinematography.
It was pretty hard to watch the real animal killings though. Only in the 70s...

-

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
The Southerner (1945). Zachary Scott, Betty Field, J. Caroll Naish, Beulah Bondi, Percy Kilbride, Charles Kemper, Blanche Yurka, Norman Llloyd, Estelle Taylor, Paul Harvey, Noreen Nash, Jack Norworth, Nestor Paiva, Paul Burns, Jay Gilpin and Jean Vanderwilt. A year in the life of a family of cotton farmers, who labour to make it turn out well in spite of overpowering probabilities. Based on the novel Hold Autumn in Your Hand by George Sessions Perry.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Two Amicus films, And Now The Screaming Starts and my fave The House That Dripped Blood [Smile]

-  -

And 2 Coffin Joe films, Hellish Flesh, which had a great second half and Hallucinations Of A Deranged Mind which was a bit of a cut and paste from outtakes and whatnot from previous films with new footage to make a new story. But it all kinda worked. What a loony [Smile]

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Alien [Smile]
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Last time I saw Alien, Yaphet Kotto was sitting behind me in the theatre. [Smile] .

One of the best horror films ever.

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Hehe, cool [Big Grin]
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
I got Ridley Scott's autograph at that screening too! Fantastic!
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just recorded the gorgon, going to give it a go
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Great film [Big Grin]
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PHANTASM (1979):

Still A great classic to watch around Halloween time after all these years.

-

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Above and Beyond (1952). Robert Taylor, Eleanor Parker, James Whitmore, Larry Keating, Larry Gates, Marilyn Erskine, Stephen Dunne, Robert Barton and Hayden Rorke. Recounting of colonel Paul Tibbetts, who flew the plane Enola Gay which dropped the A-bomb on Hiroshima, his training and the effect that it had on his personal life.
  This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home