iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 47)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my fave Disney's The Rescuers. I seen this in the pictures in the 80's and thought it was actually from then for the longest time lol [Smile]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joe Kidd - Clint Eastwood,
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Enforcer Clint Eastwood- another Dirty Harry movie didnt find it as good as the last two, one of the woman from cagney and lacey was in it no idea which one lol
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amaranth:
One of the women from Cagney and Lacey was in it, no idea which one, lol.

You are manifestly talking about Tyne Daly.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for harry2   Email harry2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Zoo Gang. One of ITC's last series. Four resistance veterans from WW2 fight crime to raise money for a hospital. John Mills, Brian Keith, Lilli Palmer and Barry Morse star in six episodes 1974.
Posts: 136 | From: The Royal County | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bugsy Malone.

Alan Parker's 1976 gangster classic, entirely cast with children. Scott Baio played the lead very well, and Jodie Foster was sultry as Talullah, the night club singer and current squeeze of small time hood Fat Sam. Sam's empire was crumbling under attacks from his rival, Dandy Dan, and the dreaded Splurge Gun. The only capable resource that Sam could call on was Bugsy - a loner, a sharp operator, whose eyes for new singer Blousey and desire to help Sam drew him in two different directions.

Considering the potential for careers after this movie, it's surprising how few of the cast actually made it. Aside from Baio and Foster, the only real name is dexter Fletcher in a very minor role. In the UK, there are a few others that we would recognise, in Bonnie Langford, Mark Curry and Kathryn Apanowicz. But internationally? Only the three. Many of the actors never made another big screen appearance....

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE WOMAN IN THE WINDOW- 1944

-

A decent film noir effort by director, Fritz Lang, starring Edward G. Robinson. Always nice to see Eddie G in a benevolent role, and the movie does have a lot tense scenes and atmosphere. But the ending killed it for me..... I hate cop out endings! Otherwise a good movie.

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jay Lee, I just watched this one recently too. That ending is controversial. Most folks absolute hate it. I liked the movie so much that I gave it some slack. Have you seen the subsequent Lang/Robinson/Bennett/Duryea film "Scarlett Street"? I like that one even more--no cop out ending either. [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't seen that one yet, but it's on my 'to do' list [Smile]
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get Out Your Handkerchiefs (1978). Gerard Depardieu, Patrick Dewaere, Carole Laure, Riton, Michel Serrault and Eleonore Hirt. A husband goes to great lengths to keep his sexually frustrated wife elated.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doomwatch

-

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
LAURA- 1944

-

I was way overdue in getting on this noir classic, and it did NOT dissapoint! A new favourite. Great performances, razor sharp dialogue, great noir vibe, great story. I would put it right up there with genre heavyweights like The Big Sleep and other such esteemed titles.

Dana Andrews is a forgotten star of the golden age, but that's a shame. The guy is cooler than a polarbear's nutsack, and a great actor. I love his comeback, when Cliffton Webb tauntingly ask "haven't you ever been in love?" to which Andrews replies "well, a dame from Washington Heights once got a fox fur outta me!" what a kickass 40's style comeback! Andrews rules! Gene Tierny is magnetic as the mysterious Laura, Vincent Price is great as the smarmy Fianceé, and Cliffton Webb is rude, crude and hilarious as Laura's old admirer.

If you like the genre (actually film noir is more a style than a genre) the you should most def check this out!

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Good one [Smile]
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Oh, you just like it for Vincent Price..... [Smile] [Razz]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
So cynical [Mad] lol
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
WHIRLPOOL- 1949

-

Another very good noir effort by Otto Preminger, and once again starring the alluring Gene Tierny. Also with Richard Conte as the husband, avery good role for him, since he's usually the toughguy. And a great Jose Ferrer as the creepy hypnotist with an evil plan. Good story, good dialogue, great performances and thick, dream like noir vibe. Can't go wrong.

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jay Lee, I, too, am slowly catching up on all these cool noirs on streaming NetFlix. Man, they don't make 'em like they used to. These films are great!
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Trailer

The Wedded Bliss computer dating agency aims to bring together the lonely hearts of Much-Snoggin-in-the-Green. Its owner, Sidney Bliss, has enough complications in his own love life, but still produces a pamphlet called "The Wit to Woo". The strange collection of hopefuls lead to some outlandish matches, and jealousies are bound to lead to trouble. -- IMDb

One of my favourites from the series.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Paul will be in here any second [Razz]
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know you secretly love them, Helen.  -
Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
lol, I like Screaming [Razz] [Smile] Camping's a laugh too.
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
Jay Lee, I, too, am slowly catching up on all these cool noirs on streaming NetFlix. Man, they don't make 'em like they used to. These films are great!

Yes they are. Just bought a buttload on play.com.

Im running out of space for my flicks soon. But that's the plight of the collector!

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I've had a smashing cheesetastical day watching Superman 1 and 2 [Big Grin]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Watching the 60's Batman show from the beginning again, woohoo [Big Grin]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Just watched non bloody giallo type film, Footprints. Beautifully shot and quite atmospheric. Can be a little bit of a drag at times but is worth it all for that ending, haunting.

-

This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home